cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

Mfitz
Local Performer

I just signed up for pandora plus. Is there a way for me to select which stations i can listen to offline? It automatically selected 4 stations but the station that i really listen to was not one of the stations.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
41 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mattreigl Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Community.

You may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

ramlee
Local Performer

it is truly pathetic that this cannot be done.  I can only assume that that people who run Pandora do not use Pandora themselves (maybe they use Spotify or Apple Music at home).   Who assumes that the stations you listen to the most (likely when you're on wifi -- likely at home) would be the same ones you would want to listen to when not on wifi (e.g. out running or in the car)?  I can't believe they are that dense, so I can only conclude they are not users of the service themselves.  this has to be SO easy to add as a feature.   

I've had Pandora for years and have an annual membership, but will be canceling at the end of 2021 if they haven't add the ability to choose the limited number of offline stations.   they have added so little increased functionality it's like they are begging me to move to Spotify.

0 Kudos

Tom427
Underground

So we do that and you pick more random stations so I do it again hoping for different stallions but you pick only 2 of 3 I want so I do it again and again and again. The fix is easy but you’d rather charge us to listen to your selections not ours. Do you just hate your customers? Is your business model: let’s make people hate us enough to buy an upgrade?

Tom427
Underground

So if over years of listening I have hundreds of hours on a station I can’t get a new one downloaded for years? That sounds like what you’re suggesting. 

0 Kudos

Tom427
Underground

And looking at my offline stations I absolutely know this is false. One of them has maybe two hours of listening and I’ve been a member for years!

Js46385
Local Performer

Ive been deleting stations one at a time, until the station I listen to the most now, becomes my 3rd most listened to.  A minor frustration, because some family members use stations for sleep.  Hard to compete w that. 

0 Kudos

Bt03
Local Performer

I don't know if this will help you at all but something I have found is you can add artists into a station so I have a cardi b station that I have almost 2,000 hours in on my account you can click and hold down the station and click edit and then you can add other artists that you would like to be featured inside of that radio station say I like have cardi b as the main sponsor in that radio station but I want to listen to Nicki Minaj I would simply just type in Nicki Minaj and add it as a featured artist in the radio station and lots of work around to get stuff that you like cuz you can add and remove people into that station so that's a workaround for choosing what you want to listen to 

0 Kudos

mcrowe
Local Performer

I know this is rather late but I had the same question. Only Pandora Premium subscriptions have the download button. Pandora Plus does not get the download option. Pandora will automatically download your 3 most listened to stations.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcrowe I moved your post over to this existing thread: Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

That is correct - At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. 

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

sausagemc
Local Performer

Thank you 1000000 times over. That was an instant and quick repair.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @sausagemc.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

SunnyJo78
Local Performer

I have gone to the station,  clicked on what I think is the "backstage " area. There is nothing that indicates "download".  I only access Pandora on my Andriod phone.  I don't have a computer anymore. 

There are 3 stations loaded for offline listening,  but I didn't add them.  I can access them,  so that isn't an issue. 

Also,  how many stations can be downloaded per account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SunnyJo78 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. 

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. 

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SunnyJo78
Local Performer

How can I switch one of my downloaded stations for another one in my collection?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SunnyJo78 At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. 

You may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

code3taylor
Local Performer

this used to be allowed PRE CHARGING......wth.   always trying to get mor $ out of everyone....:-(

0 Kudos

bobslagel
Local Performer

not  a playlist , simply changing an offline station

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobslagel I moved your post over to this existing thread: Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. 

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Anton670
Local Performer

Hi - how do you change the ofline stations?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anton670 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos