cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle Stations Only Shuffling Through a Few of the Available Stations

siratlass
Local Performer

When listening to the "Shuffle Stations" option, I've noticed it is only choosing the same 4-5 stations of the available 21 stations to choose from.  It does this every single time no matter what device I'm listening to (I primarily use Android Auto but this happens on the Web player too).

For example, I have 6 country stations.  That's almost 1/3 of my collection but in 3 weeks it has never once played a country song.

I found an old post describing this exact issue, but it was marked as "fixed".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @siratlass 

Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with shuffle. I took a closer look at your Pandora account. I see that you have 23 active stations, and out of those stations, 8 are selected for shuffle.

The stations that are in your current custom shuffle mix are:

1. 90s Pop Radio
  2. 2000s Pop Radio
  3. Alter Bridge Radio
  4. Best Of The 80s Reloaded Radio
  5. Michael Jackson Radio
  6. Phil Collins Radio
  7. Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio
  8. Third Eye Blind Radio

You can further customize your shuffle experience by adding or removing stations or shuffle all stations.

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.

Hope this helps!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @siratlass 

Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with shuffle. I took a closer look at your Pandora account. I see that you have 23 active stations, and out of those stations, 8 are selected for shuffle.

The stations that are in your current custom shuffle mix are:

1. 90s Pop Radio
  2. 2000s Pop Radio
  3. Alter Bridge Radio
  4. Best Of The 80s Reloaded Radio
  5. Michael Jackson Radio
  6. Phil Collins Radio
  7. Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio
  8. Third Eye Blind Radio

You can further customize your shuffle experience by adding or removing stations or shuffle all stations.

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.

Hope this helps!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

siratlass
Local Performer

I had no idea.

I apologize for my ignorance on the subject, but thank you for the instructions.  

TannerPandora

Happy to help, @siratlass! Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for listening!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport