cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Limit

reader
Local Performer

For over a month know I get the message that my skip limit has been reached . . .this is frustrating because my great relaxing music somehow always morphs into heavier and heavier music finally culminating into thrash and it won't let me bypass it so I end up having to change the station completely. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KhollerSA05 The skip limit allows us to balance royalty costs with our desire to maximize access to free listening on Pandora. To clarify, a skip is counted when you skip a track, Thumbs down a song or tell us "I'm tired of this track". To provide the best listening experience, we actively test the amount of skips that listeners receive.

One way you can receive more skips is to watch a short video from one of our advertisers. After completing this activity, your skips will be automatically added to your account, and will expire within one hour of the time they were issued.

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Plus for unlimited skips, replays and offline listening. Or Pandora Premium, our on-demand music service, which provides the same benefits along with the ability to create your own curated playlists.

For more information about these options, click here.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@reader The skip limit allows us to balance royalty costs with our desire to maximize access to free listening on Pandora. To clarify, a skip is counted when you skip a track, Thumbs down a song or tell us "I'm tired of this track". To provide the best listening experience, we actively test the amount of skips that listeners receive.

With that being said, I'm happy to look into the issue you are having with your station for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

KhollerSA05
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same issue. I was logged out for 12 hours and my skip limit on all my channels says it's been met. If I try giving a thumbs down it gives me the message that it will consider not playing it in the future, but my skip limit has been reached.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KhollerSA05 The skip limit allows us to balance royalty costs with our desire to maximize access to free listening on Pandora. To clarify, a skip is counted when you skip a track, Thumbs down a song or tell us "I'm tired of this track". To provide the best listening experience, we actively test the amount of skips that listeners receive.

One way you can receive more skips is to watch a short video from one of our advertisers. After completing this activity, your skips will be automatically added to your account, and will expire within one hour of the time they were issued.

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Plus for unlimited skips, replays and offline listening. Or Pandora Premium, our on-demand music service, which provides the same benefits along with the ability to create your own curated playlists.

For more information about these options, click here.

Hope this helps! 

Idontwanttosign
Local Performer

pandora plus does not give unlimited skips, I know, I just tried to use "I'm tired of this **ahem** track" and the option wasn't available, it was there earlier and I believe I've used it two or three times today. 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@reader Hi I just wanted to weigh in. I noticed that @AdamPandora provided a good response that explains the limit on skips. I'm a Premium member so I never run into this issue. I've been a member of Pandora for quite a few years. At first I was a free member. I think it's great that Pandora offers free accounts that are ad-based. You do have limitations as a free member that Plus or Premium members don't have. Anyway, it's good to see your post. I hope something said in the responses help you. I also hope we'll see you around in the community. Peace!

Drumajor27
Local Performer

I upgraded to Pandora plus with UNLIMITED SKIPS and it still has me at this stupid limit. What gives? Why am I paying to not listen to one song I want to? Maybe I will just permanently switch to spotify instead because this service is very self-serving here, false advertising, and technical theft. 

0 Kudos

righttouch
Local Performer

I hope my problem doesn't last that long. It happened this morning shortly after I started Pandora up. I had not skipped or given thumbs down to ANY songs today and it told me I had reached my limit??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@righttouch One thing to note is the skip limit is within a rolling 24 hour time period, not a calendar day. When you attempt to skip a song, Pandora counts the number of skips you have initiated in the 24 hour period leading up to that moment. If the limit has not been reached, you will be able to skip a track. If the limit has been reached the skip is not allowed and a message will tell you that the skip limit has been hit.

To clarify, did you not skip any tracks within the past 24 hours prior to that message appearing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos