cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Selection

Bigthings10
Local Performer

I used to listen to Pandora mainly on my phone, played though either headphones or my car. Typically, i would listen to the same "station" (Sturgill Simpson) and would get a great selection of artists and songs that would periodically repeat. When i listen to the same station on my computer at work, that's the same type of playlist that i get. However, when i listen to the same "Sturgill Simpson" station on my phone, now it's playing much different country music....much slower paced, completely different artists. Why aren't the stations playing the same stuff?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bigthings10 

Welcome to community!

Happy to take a closer look at your Sturgill Simpson Radio. When listening, be sure you're in My Station Mode. Listening in another mode may change the theme of the station.

Could you share a couple of example songs that you feel don't necessarily fit? I can take a closer look. In the meantime, be sure to continue to use thumbs to help Pandora learn what you like and don't like.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bigthings10
Local Performer

Thanks for the quick response. When listening to Pandora both on my work computer and my phone, the settings are both under "My Stations".  When listening on computer, artists such as Sturgill, Whitey Morgan, Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, and Cody Jinks play (all which I love). When listening on my phone, examples of the artists being played are Dirt Drifters, Town Mountain, Flatland Calvary, and Tanner Usrey; I don't necessarily dislike these types of artists, but they aren't something i would seek out and my favorite artists (which play on my computer Pandora) never pop up on my phone version of Sturgill Simpson Pandora. 

Thanks for any help or direction you can offer. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @Bigthings10.

Recent listening history:

We took a look at your recent listening history over the past couple of weeks and noticed the following played:

Tanner Usrey -

• Dates played: 1/30 and 1/29 (played twice)
  • Mode: Newly Released Mode
  • Suggested by: Sturgill Simpson station

Flatland Calvary -

• Date played: 1/30
  • Mode: New Released Mode
  • Suggested bySturgill Simpson station

Town Mountain - 

• Dates played: 1/30, 1/28 and 1/25. (Played three times)
  • Mode: For 1/30 and 1/28, in New Released Mode. For 1/30 My Station Mode
  • Suggested byTyler Childers: Thumbed up (Sturgill Simpson station)

The Dirt Drifters -

• Dates played: 1/30, 1/29, 1/26, 1/18. (Played four times)
  • Mode: For 1/29, Newly Released Mode
  • Suggested byWhiskey Myers: Thumbed up (Sturgill Simpson station)

Recommendations:

Based off of our findings, it does appear you were listening on the Newly Released Mode in a few instances. This was likely done without you knowing, so I would recommend to ensure that you have the My Station Mode set when listening to your collected stations.

I also recommend that you continue to use thumbs to help craft your station.

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like, which can often lead to the problem you've described.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

This also means that you can use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb Down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs (you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up).

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos