cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Quality

Heymare66
Local Performer

So many songs uploaded to Pandora have the WORST quality: too low to hear, garbled, distortion, and the sound goes from weak to strong as each song plays. It doesn't matter if I'm listening on my mac or android; the quality is still extremely subpar. Who uploads the music on here?

Is this fixable? I tried using other browsers: Safari and Firefox, but the quality is still poor. I've deleted the cookies, and there is no firewall issue, so what is it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Heymare66
Local Performer

This solution AdamPandora provided did not solve the issue. I figured out how to fix the unequal sound distribution across songs playing on Pandora (one song is very low and can barely be heard, one is very loud, but full of depth and is perfect quality (perfect treble and bass combination), while another is so loud it's distorted.

To fix the issues follow the steps below:

1. Click on Profile (bottom right of phone while Pandora is playing).

2. Click on Settings.

3. Click on Audio Quality and Downloads.

4. Under Audio Quality, click ALL options to HIGH.

5. Close Pandora.

6. Restart your phone or computer.

7. Open Pandora and the sound inequality distribution and overall sound quality issues are fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Heymare66 Nice to see you around the Community.

It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

0 Kudos

Heymare66
Local Performer

This solution AdamPandora provided did not solve the issue. I figured out how to fix the unequal sound distribution across songs playing on Pandora (one song is very low and can barely be heard, one is very loud, but full of depth and is perfect quality (perfect treble and bass combination), while another is so loud it's distorted.

To fix the issues follow the steps below:

1. Click on Profile (bottom right of phone while Pandora is playing).

2. Click on Settings.

3. Click on Audio Quality and Downloads.

4. Under Audio Quality, click ALL options to HIGH.

5. Close Pandora.

6. Restart your phone or computer.

7. Open Pandora and the sound inequality distribution and overall sound quality issues are fixed.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Heymare66 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

ark_valgaro105
Local Performer

haha how bout  you get new headphones of just use spotify less ads bro

0 Kudos