cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station doesn't play artist it was created for

hillbillyjack
Local Performer

I've been digging around in the support group for the last 30 minutes and can't find the answer to this question.   I'm sorry if its been asked before.   At any rate, I've created a number of stations based on particular artists.  Some of them are ok, but others seem to want to play anybody and everybody except the artists I want to hear.  I'm lucky if i get one song a day from the right artist.  I've tried to train it by thumbs down-ing the the unwanted stuff but then it will say "not loving this station?  try another"  or words to that effect. I would love the station if it would play what it's supposed to.  Any way to remedy this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
51 Replies

princesskitten1
Local Performer

I've created a station and it will play literally anything but the artist it was created for. Granted I still like the songs it plays, but I want to hear that artist too. I can skip through thousands of songs, but it won't play a single song by that artist

Tim3of4
Local Performer

Pandora Plus account

I have artists who, until recently played, regularly on their named radio station and on other stations to which they are seeded. Now, they NEVER play on any station even though they still have a station named for them and their names still appear for seeding to other stations. What's up?

TheWhatnought
Local Performer

OK, so my problem is I have stations that USED to play the artist I had tuned it for but no longer plays anything from the artist.  In some cases I have deleted the station and restarted it and found you no longer have the licenses for that artist (I'm inferring as the artist no longer comes up in your search).  However, in several cases the artist does come up in the search but the new station still will not play the artist.  You should at least program an alert that informs the paying user that the artist is no longer available.

OwlBoi669
Local Performer

Thats stupid as hell, why should I keep paying for a service that can't even play the music I want. Even on artist only mode your app only plays like the same 6 songs from three of the artists in my station, what gives?

0 Kudos

RJH1955
Local Performer

Why do I only hear 1 or 2 songs by Pink Floyd.  The other songs are  Led Zeppelin, etc. I wish to listen to Pink Floyd only on the Pink Floyd Station. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RJH1955 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

 This channel has ONE seed and I've NEVER heard a piano solo, or ANY piece of music by him(seed: Josh Groban) in which he was NOT singing! 🤨

Screenshot_20231128-150948_Pandora.jpg

Yet this^ kind of thing plays often! 

 Likewise, this:

Screenshot_20231128-150943_Pandora.jpg

 Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls?! WHAT piece by the seed artist has ever sounded remotely like this genre?

Seriously, can anyone w/ access 2 the Pandora systems explain Y this channel is playing music that's SO different than EVERYthing the seed artist has ever done?? Or perhaps explain what I've missed about how the system is supposed 2 work over the last decade plus using the service...?

Also, is there a good place 2 echo praise 4 the platform? It seems that every time I come here, it's because I've a new gripe 2 share/seek support/solution for. 😑  Pretty depressing.

0 Kudos

Sidrandom
Local Performer

Anyone have any idea why VNV Nation Radio doesn't play any VNV Nation songs?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sidrandom I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station doesn't play artist it was created for

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Jennifer1125
Local Performer

I am trying to listen to Margaritaville radio and it is flooded with 50s music and no Jimmy this has been all week I keep thumbs downing and they play ones even more 

0 Kudos

signsaz
Local Performer

I agree Dogu, I don't think Pandora cares about their customer base. If you look back, they have had this problem for years & haven't fixed it.

Maybe the solution is to move to Spotify or one like it!

0 Kudos

signsaz
Local Performer

Adam this topic is a joke. This problem has been around for years & Pandora isn't doing anything to fix it.

I happen to listen to comedy rather than music, but have the same problem. It's to the point I DON'T create a station, because as soon as I do, it eliminates the artist I created it for!

I had it on Kathleen Madigan station yesterday & it didn't play her even once in 6 hours!

Time to move onto another platform!

0 Kudos