cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station won't play anything other than thumbed up songs

montgomery200
Local Performer

This began around December of last year, not sure if Pandora had an update or not. My playlist used to mix new songs with thumbed up songs. Since around December of 2022 my play list only plays thumbed up songs. I cannot find any settings that would have changed it or let me change it back

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@montgomery200 What is the name of the station you are listening to when only thumbed up tracks play?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

montgomery200
Local Performer
Poolside Miami Chill Radio

John Montgomery
Montgomery Contracting & Design
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @montgomery200.

I had our engineering team take a look at your station, and they do see you've given a large number of thumbs up on that station. This can make it seem like a majority of the tracks that play again on your station are the ones you thumbed up previously, however they did not notice anything out of the ordinary happening.

It's true there can be a certain amount of repetition in some stations. Each listener has different tastes when it comes to hearing the familiar versus discovering new songs. Finding the right balance for each individual is something we continue to work on.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to improve your stations:

1. Listen using Pandora Modes: When listening from a computer, mobile device, or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.
  2. Put tracks on the shelf: If you get sick of a track but don't want to give it a Thumbs Down, you can put it on the shelf for a while. To do this from the web, hover your mouse over the album art and select "I'm tired of this track." Pandora Premium listeners should click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.
  3. Edit your station: In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs Up ratings in the station to mix things up.
  4. Add Variety: To add more variety to your artist or song based stations, you can select additional artist and/or song seeds. You can Add Variety when editing stations.

Running through these steps should increase the variety of the station pretty quickly.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos