cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint: How to prevent it from being created

Kepler
Underground

Thumbprint is one of those "features" that I never want to use and that degraded the user experience.  Currently, it will generate ever few days causing me to have to immediately remove it.

It's easy, but it's annoying, and it is a recurring reminder that product features have nothing to do with the user and Pandora does not respect or care about users.

(1) How can I make sure thumbprint never generates or, if it must, that I am never switched to it against my will.

(2) In general, please put this philosophy at your design forefront: whenever you introduce a feature, unless it is absolutely fundamental to product design, ALWAYS provide an option to turn it off.  ALWAYS.  I know users are your actual product, and we have as little real interest to you as pigs at a slaughterhouse, but pretend to make an effort.

Otherwise, Pandora is still better than Spotify, although things like this sure don't help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kepler Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the station that is auto-generating despite you removing it from your collection?

Thanks for working with on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Kepler
Underground

I will as soon as it generates again, which should be in a couple days (or hours).  It will be my username on a generic blue thumbprint background and it seems to consist of a shuffle of my favorites. 

Thank you for being a human being (or a very smart algorithm, but I suppose that's all any of us are). and getting back to me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Kepler. 👋

Yes - this shouldn't reappear unless you recreate the station (by searching for Thumbprint Radio). Definitely send us a screenshot if this happens again so we can take a look for you. Please let us know what device you're using when this happens too.

Thanks for sticking with us on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos