cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

aeroflyer711
Underground

I was clearing out all of my settings to let Pandora do it's thing.  I have an Aerosmith station where I can't clear my thumbed songs because it says I have some but it doesn't list them.  The Station page says I have (1) up and (1) down but doesn't list anything.  Under "My Profile" is says I have 129 up's but the only thing I see listed is "Thumbed up on Aerosmith Radio" with no songs and I can't click it to see the songs. 

Any ideas?  It's playing  A LOT of Taylor Swift and I can only assume that's from Thumbs.  I think this was the first station I ever made and I was using it to play anything and everything I liked.  Now I want to just get it back to Aerosmith related.Aerosmith Radio - Thumbs Down.JPGAerosmith Radio - Thumbs Up.JPGMy Profile.JPG

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
22 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aeroflyer711 Thank you for reporting this.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team for you so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

Boxedguy
Local Performer

Recovering old playlists is easy if you can remember every playlist you've ever made. There is no "wipe thumbs" option to basically start over with a clean slate, save for deleting your account and making a new one. Even deleting my account has proved difficult using the android app due to "technical difficulties". Is there a way to recover a lost history of stations to clear my thumb up/down? I don't have a ton of saved thumbs anymore but they're spread out over a couple dozen playlists that have all been deleted. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Boxedguy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

This is actually a known issue that our engineering team is looking into.

Despite deleting a number of your stations, the Thumbs Up given on those stations are still getting included in your Thumbs Up list count showing in your profile:

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 5.18.13 AM.png

I have added your information to the ticket we have open with our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for all your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

dereklefler
Underground

Just subscribed to this thread - having the same issue. Until it's fixed, any way I can just get all my likes deleted and let me start over?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dereklefler I do see you were able to remove all Thumbed Up tracks from the stations currently in your collection.

This being said, the issue with the incorrect count showing in your profile is still being investigated by our engineering team.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with those engineers.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they continue to look into this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dereklefler
Underground

Is the incorrect count just a bad number, or are those likes from previously removed stations? I'd like those likes cleared out, too, since I'm pretty sure they're effecting my thumbprint radio.

0 Kudos

Judykaye72
Local Performer

I'm trying to get rid of old thumbs, most of them I don't even have the stations for.  How do I get rid of thumbs when I don't have the station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dereklefler Yes - the issue is that the incorrect count showing is just a bad number. They don't actually have any effect on Thumbprint Radio.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Judykaye72 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

I believe you are referring to the Thumbs Up count showing on your profile.

This is actually a known issue that our engineering team is looking into.

Despite deleting a number of your stations, the Thumbs Up given on those stations are still getting included in your Thumbs Up list count showing in your profile:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 4.19.42 AM.png

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with those engineers.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they continue to look into this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mayvalley
Underground

Good morning. I deleted the built-in Thumbs Up playlist as well, in an effort to keep my playlists collection tidy. Potentially this is causing another issue, so I hope you can restore it for me. I'm a paid premium subscriber. My Profile shows that I have 79 thumbed tracks, though only 4 are visible. I assume the invisible 75 thumbed tracks are associated with the deleted playlist. As a test, I created a playlist named "Thumbs Up" and thumbed several tracks (the 4 tracks mentioned previously), but they didn't populate the playlist (I have since deleted the playlist). Thank-you in advance.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mayvalley I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open the engineers who are investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

tsikows
Underground

I do not know which stations have been deleted from my collection as i dont recall the names. I would just like to know what stations my thumbs are on so i can re-add those stations to my collection and delete the thumbs from them. pandora after years and years of thumbing has become a glorified playlist as it keeps playing the same songs every single day and its quite annoying. If i wanted to listen to the same songs every single day i would listen to spotify, or the crummy radio. I would just like to know the station names where my 75 thumbed songs remain. I have brought this number down from 1200+ a couple months ago.

0 Kudos

mayvalley
Underground

Thanks for looking into this other issue. Can you restore my missing "My Thumbs Up" playlist in the meantime, or would that interfere with your investigation.

Thanks again,

Dave

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, @mayvalley. My Thumbs Up playlist has now been added back to your collection.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tsikows Unfortunately, there isn't a way for us to see on our end which deleted stations those thumb ratings are coming from.

This being said, I can assure you this is something our engineering team is looking into.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

staticradio725
Local Performer

According to my Pandora profile, I have over 3000 tracks that I've given a thumbs-up over the years. However, it will only actually load the first 100 or so of them, no matter how much I scroll down. Is there a way to view the whole list? Or even to search it? 
I've already know you can view your thumbs-up tracks by station, but I'm looking for a specific song, and it must be from a station I deleted at some point in the past. The list on my profile looks like it has all my thumbs-ups forever and for all time... if only I could see the whole thing!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@staticradio725 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

To explain, when you delete a station, those tracks should get removed from the list of Thumbs Up you are seeing on your profile.

This being said, there is currently a bug where the actual number count showing on that page stays the same, while the track gets removed.

The track getting removed from that list is working as it should, however it is only an issue with that number not reflecting the change.

So you won't actually be able to view any tracks you've given a Thumbs Up to if the station has already been deleted (unless you re-create that station).

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open the engineers who are investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

chouse
Underground

This solution does not resolve my issue., I have 498 thumbs. When I go to the thumbed song I only see 3, and they cannot be deleted. And I get repeats daily because I have these thumbs still on my account. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chouse I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs Up list in profile still includes count from deleted stations

To clarify, there is currently an issue with the Thumbs Up count showing on your profile not matching the total number that you actually have on your current collected stations.

Although the number is incorrect, it should not have any effect on the tracks that are playing on your stations.

If you are running into issues with station repetition, I recommend checking out the accepted solution to this thread to resolve that: Station Repetition

In the meantime, I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos