cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaying a Playlist

daleslad
On the Rise

Is it possible to have a playlist automatically play over again starting at number one.   When a playlist I am playing gets to the last song, the music stops and the number one title appears below but it never starts.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hey @daleslad! You're in the right spot. This is the 'Repeat Button', it will replay the entire playlist if you press it once, if you press it again a '1' will appear, meaning that it will replay just that song. 

Some examples for you:

Replay 1 Song.jpeg

Replay All Songs.jpeg 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Yes - there is a way to have your playlist repeat once it's cycled through all of the tracks.

To make the album, playlist or track you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist or album to play in a loop.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

Here is an image of what that looks like if you are streaming Pandora on a computer:

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.59.16 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Adam,  that works fine.   Could you also tell me how to do it on my iPhone .

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @daleslad!

It should work the same way on your iPhone - after selecting a playlist and pressing the play button, navigate back to the Now Playing screen.

Then look for that same circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen and tap on it to turn Repeat on. If it is highlighted with a circle around it, that means the Repeat feature is turned on.

Let me know if you run into any issues with this.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

That is what I am having trouble with, finding the Now Playing screen.  Can't seem to find it, I've clicked on every icon I can find but no luck.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @daleslad. 👋

If you're using your iPhone to listen, you can locate the current track playing at the bottom of your screen near the Navigation (above For You, My Collection, Search, and Profile). You can view this from any screen.

If you click on the song, it will take you to the Now Playing screen. Here's a screenshot:

image_from_ios.jpg

If you're on the screen where you're viewing your Playlist, it would look like this:

image_from_ios-1.jpg

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Sorry Adam,  I'm not finding the circle to click on to get it to play again.   I brought up the Playlist and chose one of them.   There were only 4 icons at the bottom of the page and they were Pandora, My Collection, Search and Profile.

If I click on the song that is playing it changes to another window with just that song displayed.   On the bottom of that window is the circle to click on, to re-play the song when it finishes.    But can't find a circle to have the Playlist play again.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @daleslad! You're in the right spot. This is the 'Repeat Button', it will replay the entire playlist if you press it once, if you press it again a '1' will appear, meaning that it will replay just that song. 

Some examples for you:

Replay 1 Song.jpeg

Replay All Songs.jpeg 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Adam, forgot about that, my bad.

TannerPandora

@daleslad You're welcome! I'm Tanner though. 😉😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

daleslad
On the Rise

Sorry Tanner,  thanks for your help.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @TannerPandora!

Enjoy your playlists @daleslad. 😎🎶

0 Kudos

ArrianaB
Local Performer

Is there a way to replay a playlist continously?

I seen a post like this in 2020 and replies mentioned a button that is two arrows making a circle. However, I do not have that option on any playlist I've listened to, I wonder if pandora changed that feature? Please help, I have the upgraded pandora premium too.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArrianaB You should see the icon to have your playlist replay continuously at the bottom of the Now Playing screen:

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 6.26.46 AM.png

If you aren't seeing that icon on your end, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of your Now Playing screen when you are listening to the playlist that you want to replay continuously?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

I know there is a little icon that will allow the playlist to play over again once it has reached the last song.   I've looked in suggestions but can't find anything there.   Where do I find that?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I moved your post back into this thread: Replaying a Playlist

It looks like you've contacted us about this before.

Can you please follow the instructions we provided in this thread and let me know if you continue to run into issues with this?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Adam, for the refresher,  I did see the icon there but because it had the name of the song there also, I thought it was just for that song.   Which brings up another point,  where is the replay icon for just a song.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Happy to help with that.

@TannerPandora provided a good tip for that in his message above.

You can tap on the same icon until the '1' appears to have the track that is currently playing repeat.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Ah! yes that rings a bell now,  thanks for the reminder.  Memory isn't as good as it used to me.  

I don't move songs around much on my iphone as it is too difficult for me to manipulate the cursor around the screen. However I happened to try to add a song to a playlist and was stopped from doing it with a warning that the song was already in the playlist and I would be duplicating it.   I did a big double take when I saw that as I wasn't aware that the function was available.  I immediately jumped on my computer and opened up Pandora and tried it out on my playlists.   I was disappointed to find that the function was not available.   Does this mean that the function will be coming to the computer soon,  I hope so as it is so necessary when dealing with playlists with hundreds of songs in them. 

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see it added to the service: Web: Prevent duplicate songs on playlists

Thanks for your feedback!

0 Kudos