cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs up not saving

Toxicpixy666
Local Performer

Good day,

my thumbs up list is not updating to the new songs I’ve liked. I have liked at least 20 more songs that have not been added to my list. I’m not sure if it’s just not loading properly or if it’s legitimately not accepting the likes but I would really like it to be fixed as during my work day I listen to thumbprint radio so I don’t have to keep skipping through songs but it’s not adding any of the new songs or registering in the list.

Labels (4)
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toxicpixy666 Nice to see you around the Community.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

To clarify, after Thumbing Up tracks on your various collected stations, are you not seeing the number on this screen increase?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 6.39.20 AM.png

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ciampavittoria
Local Performer

When I thumbs up a song . sometimes it saves it and sometimes it doesn't show that I thumbs the song up so I do it again. How can I save all the songs I thumb up so when it plays again it shows it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ciampavittoria Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Thumbs are station specific:

One thing to note, is that Thumbs are station specific.

Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations - so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly.

If you give a track a thumbs up on one station, it will not show as though it has been thumbed up if it plays on any of your other stations.

Alternate versions of songs:

Another thing to note is that it's possible we have more than one version of the same song in our catalog. So if you give a thumbs up to the studio version of a track, and then later in your listening session the live version of that track plays, it will not show as though it was thumbed up.

Request for more information:

This all being said, I am still happy to look into this further with you.

The next time this happens, please grab a screenshot of what you are seeing, and send that in a reply to this thread.

0 Kudos

Ciampavittoria
Local Performer

But it doesn't show in my tumbprint station either

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ciampavittoria I'm happy to look into this further with you.

The next time this happens, please grab a screenshot of what you are seeing, and send that in a reply to this thread.

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mtyag
Local Performer

This is happening to me and I know for a fact I’ve been on the same station and thumbed up many songs and they are not saving. It seems like you’re taking away the feature intentionally bc I no longer have the premium pay version. Seriously considering going to Apple Music or maybe back to Spotify.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mtyag Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the station you are listening to when you notice your Thumbs Up ratings aren't being saved?

Can you provide me with some specific examples of tracks you know you've given a Thumbs Up to on that station, but no longer show as being thumbed up the next time they play?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

kmarcat1
Local Performer

kmarcat1_0-1619779117033.png

Having same issue with none of the thumbs up saving on specific station.

Have gave a Thumbs up for "Leave the Pieces" and 30 other songs on this station 90s, 2000s, Today's Country - Female Voices of Country.  None of the Thumbs up are saving.  Did not have this issue prior to adding this station for over 5 years.

Using Windows computer - Dell desktop.  There is no error displayed on screen.  I am able to click on thumbs up and it shows thumbs up but next time the song plays the thumbs up is not saved is the issue.

Clarify: I did not have the thumbs up not saving on other stations over many years on same computer.  The thumbs up not saving seemed to just start a few days ago on the 90s, 2000s, Today's Country - Female Voices of Country Station.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kmarcat1! Thanks for posting your experience to community. 

Do you know how many thumbs you have on this station? I see that there are currently 95. I'm trying to investigate if the thumb is counted towards your station and not showing up as thumbed when playing or if it's not saving at all. 

I've enabled a trace on your account, can you replicate this again for me, while the trace is on. Also, can you share some example songs that you've thumbed up?

Lastly, if you're using a web browser, can you try another browser. For example, if you're using Chrome, does the same thing happen on Firefox?

Thanks for the help! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kmarcat1
Local Performer

56 Stations.

Not sure how to look up the number of thumbs on 90s, 2000s, Today's Country Radio – Females Voice of Country.

Thumbed up the following:

• Jesus take the wheel
  • Baby Girl
  • Miss Me More
  • A little bit stronger
  • Let me let go
  • Drunk
  • You don’t even know who I am
  • All-American Girl
  • Little white church
  • Famous in a small town
  • God made girls
  • Lesson in Leavin'
  • Merry Go 'Round
  • More Hearts than mine
  • Here I am
  • Guys do it all the time
  • We danced anyway
  • Independence Day
  • Just about over you
  • Bra off
  • Long time gone
  • Cry

Have been using Chrome for last 5 years or more.  Pandora stopped working on Explorer at that time.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmarcat1 Thanks for following up.

It may help to run through our suggested troubleshooting steps for Google Chrome: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to try reproducing this issue on Mozilla Firefox to verify if this is specific to Google ChromeYou can download Firefox here.

In the meantime, can you please also confirm with me if your thumb ratings save when using the My Station or Country Ballads Modes to see if this issue is specific to the Female Voices of Country Mode?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mattson74
Local Performer

I have a custom station: Roses by Chainsmokers related music. Here is a pic of a song i liked earlier today. I went back to replay it a few hours later n the like wasn't there. I had to like it over again. It does this quite a bit. Always on the same station so that doesn't change. But it does do this same thing no matter what station I'm on with plenty other songs. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many times i like a song. It'll show up like it's brand new.

I guess i don't know how to upload a pic here. But the example was I Fall Apart by Post Malone. I hit like, AGAIN, hit replay, n the like disappeared.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mattson74 You should be able to add the screenshot in a reply to this message.

To do so, click on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.33.22 AM.png

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos