cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs up ratings are missing, but re-appear after replaying song

Gtrtim112
Opening Act

Another item I’ve noticed is that when a song pops up that I know is missing a thumb up, I can hit the restart option (circle arrow) and the thumbs up will light up for that same song when it starts over. 

Here are two more screenshots… 

1st one shows no thumb at 7:45. 2nd one shows at thumb at 7:46. All I did was hit the replay button and the thumb appeared.

This particular song does show in my thumbs up song listing. I’ve not cross checked each time this has occurred, though.

90F329D1-253D-4CE3-8E36-2A756130A356.png

7FA95F61-C2F8-47EF-866C-36502FEC5520.png

I'm seeing the same issue if I use the laptop version instead of my iPhone.

Below is another screenshot of a song that played randomly and didn't have a thumbs up. I hit replay and the thumbs up appeared.

@AdamPandora moved my previous post to another category so I'll mention this again here... I show 800 thumbs up in the browser version and I show 1,051 thumbs in the iPhone app. So, automatically, I have 251 missing thumbs in the browser version.

I literally just had 8 songs play in a row in which no thumbs displayed. I hit replay on all 8 and the thumb appeared on all of them.

No thumb on the left - Thumb showing on the right.

Screenshot 2023-04-25 112647.pngScreenshot 2023-04-25 112724.png

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, Merged posts

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 05/09/23:

Hi, everyone!

I separated your posts into a new thread as you are all experiencing the same issue.

I've created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your feedback to them.

Unfortunately, I do not have any updates for you at this time, however I will make sure to update this thread as I receive more information.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

EpicToasty
Opening Act

This one is not thumbed.pngThis one is thumbed.png@AdamPandoraSo here's some screenshots proving and illustrating what @Gtrtim112 has been reporting. As you can see, these are both LITERALLY the same song. It appeared at first without a thumb rating, and when I replayed it, magically the thumb rating reappeared. What's even sillier is, the listing for said song in the session history is STILL MISSING the thumb rating, even though it loaded PROPERLY when replayed.

0 Kudos

WD
Local Performer

How many thumbs up can I select on the free version? I believe some of my old thumbs up songs when they play are no longer thumbs up.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WD I'm happy to help look into this for you.

There have been some users mentioning that while a track they previously thumbed up initially plays without the thumbs up highlighted, if they "replay" the song by tapping on the replay icon, the thumbs up icon becomes highlighted.

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing the same thing on your end?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

WD
Local Performer
Yes, that is my experience too. Do you have any suggestions?

Also I replied via my gmail app yesterday, and did you get a response. So
in this email I used the Pandora reply prompt which does not carry the
email thread.
Thanks
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 05/09/23:

Hi, everyone!

I separated your posts into a new thread as you are all experiencing the same issue.

I've created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your feedback to them.

Unfortunately, I do not have any updates for you at this time, however I will make sure to update this thread as I receive more information.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Gtrtim112
Opening Act

@AdamPandora 

Let me start by saying that I apologize for allowing this issue to get me so fired up before. It's just that when we don't get feedback or updates, we have to assume no one cares. To have an issue ongoing for so long with no solution in sight is frustrating, to say the least.

With that said, I hope that's water under the bridge and we can move forward by working towards a solution together ☮️

One thing I've noticed and you've mentioned this in other replies, which none of us knew before (at least not me), is that when we thumb up a song while in station shuffle mode, that thumb up is only for that song within that station. It's possible that other stations also play that same song. While I don't agree that this is the way it should work, I do understand the why part. I think the engineering team should look at how that song can be identified across all stations when a thumbs up is given.

I have a similar issue as this topic but slightly different. I will make a new post on it so you can categorize where ever you see fit. I'll tag you in it also.

Thanks

Gtrtim112

0 Kudos

frag_68
Underground

I have a station that was created in 2010.  Over the past couple of months, I've been noticing songs that I know were thumbed up or down not displaying a thumb rating.  At first I thought it was a random glitch.  Then I thought perhaps they were remastered versions or on a Greatest Hits album or something.  But the sheer number of missing thumbs leads me to believe that they're just... gone.  Anyone else experience this?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frag_68 Can you please confirm if thumb ratings are no longer highlighted when listening in Shuffle Mode, or if it happens regardless of listening in Shuffle or to an individual station?

The accepted solution to this thread might be helpful if you are only experiencing this when listening in Shuffle Mode: Thumbs up ratings aren't highlighted in Shuffle Mode

Alternatively, there have been some users mentioning that while a track they previously thumbed up initially plays without the thumbs up highlighted, if they "replay" the song by tapping on the replay icon, the thumbs up icon becomes highlighted.

They reported that issue on this thread: Thumbs up ratings are missing, but re-appear after replaying song

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing the same thing on your end?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

frag_68
Underground

I am not using Shuffle mode... in fact, it took me a while to even figure out how to do that just now.  I'll pay attention on the alternative item and see if replaying the song highlights the thumb.

0 Kudos

frag_68
Underground

I have confirmed that hitting replay will then correctly show the 'thumb status' on songs that are being effected.  My example just now was Lorde's "Glory and Gore" on my "Normal" station which exhibited this issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frag_68 Thanks for confirming that with me.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open for this issue.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos