cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs meant to be played together are split up

Jimly
Local Performer

Love how easy you can navigate in pandora. What I don't understand stand is on songs that go right into another song that it doesn't play the next song, example we will rock you then we are the champions. Heartbreaker then living loving maid, these are classics that I'm sure the  terrestrial radio is still playing both.I  was just wondering? Could someone please let me know. Thank you. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jimly I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jimly I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jimly
Local Performer
That makes sense. I feel informed ,thank you for your time in this
matter.Keep up the good work.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Jimly.

Enjoy the music! 😎

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

Hi, why aren't you playing songs that are back-to-back on classic rock/oldies radio stations? (Jackson Browne The Loadout-Stay, Queen, We will rock you-We are the Champions). Also, Classical bits & pieces doesn't work for me, especially for longer works (Concertos & Symphonies).

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @378018 

Please see above for the accepted solution for more information. For more control over content playback, I suggest upgraded to Premium. This gives you more control over the songs you'd like to listen to with access to albums and playlists, or you can create your own personalized playlist.

Listeners have limited control over when, how or in what order a particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations - similarly if you were listening to radio in your car.

You can further personalize your experience with Modes - to learn more about Modes, visit our Help Page.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos