cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two thumbs down algorithm

3C
Opening Act

So I understand that two thumbs downs (I believe on the same album) will ban an artist from your station. What happens if you already thumbs-upped a song from said artist, then thumbs-down the same artist twice?

What happens if you only like one song from a particular album from a given artist and hate the rest?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@3C Giving two thumbs down to tracks on the same album will not actually prevent the rest of the album from playing on your station.

It will only prevent those specific tracks from playing on that particular station again.

Feel free to use your thumbs accordingly as you see fit (thumbs down tracks you don't want to hear on that station, and thumbs up tracks you do want to hear again).

Hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@3C Giving two thumbs down to tracks on the same album will not actually prevent the rest of the album from playing on your station.

It will only prevent those specific tracks from playing on that particular station again.

Feel free to use your thumbs accordingly as you see fit (thumbs down tracks you don't want to hear on that station, and thumbs up tracks you do want to hear again).

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

amw4201
Local Performer

Two thumbs down used to block the artist outright. And given the threads full of people complaining they can't block artists outright, sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks this is a pretty lousy change.

0 Kudos