cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make shared station your own

modanny1
Local Performer

I'm trying to share a station with my friend, but the link just creates a new station for them from my original seed. It doesn't transfer the thumbed up tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions correctly

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
49 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @IslandMacGuy.

Can you also please verify that both of your accounts are set to Public?

Thanks for checking on that for me. 

0 Kudos

IslandMacGuy
Local Performer

They are set to public.

0 Kudos

n00k33n
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I confirm, both accounts are set to public in Privacy section.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IslandMacGuy One more question - it looks like you posted to the Community from two different accounts:

• KDandenell
  • IslandMacGuy

Which of these accounts are you unable to make that shared station your own?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

grrlwhit03
Local Performer

I'm having a similar issue.  I have shared the station from my husband's account to my account now (family plan) but it doesn't give me an option to thumbs up anything or to make it my own -- what am I missing?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grrlwhit03 Have you tried listening to that station on a computer yet?

At the moment there's no way to make them "your own" on the Pandora mobile app. For now, you will have to sign into Pandora on your computer (http://www.pandora.com) and give any song in the station a Thumbs-up/down rating. Then indicate that you want to make the station your own (not shared).

The next time you open the app on your device the Thumbs options should appear as normal.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

grrlwhit03
Local Performer

I don't see a thumbs up/down on the web version -- I'm sure I missing it somewhere since I'm fighting with a computer reformat at the same time  LOL  Can you help me out, please?  Thank you!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grrlwhit03 Happy to look into this further.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also what is the name of the station that was shared to your account?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

grrlwhit03
Local Performer
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @grrlwhit03.

It looks like a playlist was shared with you - not a station. Thumb ratings are only a feature when listening to stations - not playlists.

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listener's choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself.

This being said, no further action is needed on your end to make this playlist your own. It looks like that playlist is already a part of your collection.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos