cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Christmas music on shuffle mode

kbs
Underground

About a month ago, Christmas music started showing up on my shuffle stations mode. I have two Christmas stations which are NOT included in my shuffle. Can't find any song that was thumbed up that should cause this, although scrolling through over 1000 thumbed up songs is imprecise at best.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@javamooney Removing these stations from your collection completely isn't actually necessary.

You'll just need to un-check them from your shuffle selections.

I took a look again, and see that some of your holiday stations are still selected - here is one for example:

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 11.29.21 AM.png

I recommend taking a look through your shuffle selections once more, and only selecting the ones that you want to include.

If the station has the blue shuffle icon highlighted, that means it will be included in your shuffle mix.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

rdjukich
Local Performer

I set station to shuffle -- however, Christmas songs are occasionally played.  Slightly early in July...can't Pandora tweak so as not to play Christmas music, if in shuffle mode, at least until December???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rdjukich I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unwanted Christmas music on shuffle mode

It appears that you currently have Andy Williams (Holiday) Radio selected for Shuffle Mode:

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 9.24.08 AM.png

I recommend unchecking that station as that will prevent the holiday music from playing on Shuffle Mode.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

baman52
Local Performer

My screen does not look like the ones above.  I have the FREE version.  My only choice to stop playing Christmas music is to REMOVE it or SHARE it.  I know last year I went to a screen to uncheck the Christmas music stations and they were not part of the SHUFFLE mode.  Don't see that this year.  What am I missing?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@baman52 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the next Christmas song that plays in Shuffle Mode as well?

Please follow up with all of the requested information (including the screenshot) and I'll be happy to help look into this further.

0 Kudos