cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanessa Carlton Not Playing as Variety Selection

AshStonesifer
Local Performer

I added Vanessa Carlton as a variety option on my Matchbox 20 station. In the last two days of listening, not a single Vanessa Carlton song has played. Similar artists to her have been playing, but not a single on by her. I have added varieties to other stations of mine without issue, so I don't think it's something I've done wrong, but I could be mistaken.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AshStonesifer Nice to see you around the community!

Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist. Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety, which can make for some undesirable matches. 

Keep in mind that you can create up to 250 separate stations, so you might find that Pandora works best if you create multiple stations with different artists or songs. From there, you can utilize our shuffle feature to hear a variety of musical styles in one listening session. Shuffle plays a one-song set from a random station that you've included in your mix and then moves onto another song (from a different station). This is significantly different from listening to a single Pandora station.

If you need help using or editing your Shuffle, let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AshStonesifer Nice to see you around the community!

Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist. Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety, which can make for some undesirable matches. 

Keep in mind that you can create up to 250 separate stations, so you might find that Pandora works best if you create multiple stations with different artists or songs. From there, you can utilize our shuffle feature to hear a variety of musical styles in one listening session. Shuffle plays a one-song set from a random station that you've included in your mix and then moves onto another song (from a different station). This is significantly different from listening to a single Pandora station.

If you need help using or editing your Shuffle, let me know.

0 Kudos