cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do "tune your station" modes apply?

XXPepper
Underground
Dear Pandora folks, Where, exactly, do the "tune your station" modes apply? Do they only apply across the board to all instances of my account playing a given Pandora station in my account, or do they only apply to the instance of the station where I have made the "mode" selection? That is: if I use the web interface to change the "tune your station" mode for a given station, does that mode selection then apply to that station when I play it on some other device (e.g., Echo or a smart TV app)? Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XXPepper At this time Pandora Modes are only available on our website and mobile devices.

In the meantime, keep in mind that if you Thumb using while listening to a Pandora Mode from the web or mobile app, your Thumbs will carry over to your other devices. In other words, if you give a Thumbs Up while listening in Newly Released mode for example on the web, your station will learn that you want more New Music on that station, and you should see more new music across all of your devices.

I also recommend giving this feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting Modes available across all devices. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XXPepper At this time Pandora Modes are only available on our website and mobile devices.

In the meantime, keep in mind that if you Thumb using while listening to a Pandora Mode from the web or mobile app, your Thumbs will carry over to your other devices. In other words, if you give a Thumbs Up while listening in Newly Released mode for example on the web, your station will learn that you want more New Music on that station, and you should see more new music across all of your devices.

I also recommend giving this feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting Modes available across all devices. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

XXPepper
Underground

I have already "liked" that thread, thanks, and replied to it. It is a symptom of general inconsistency in Pandora that station modes are not carried from device to device. 

0 Kudos

Bodacious
Local Performer

Seriously  He is correct.  While I can't "Tune my Station" on my Roku device  (which is where I primarily where I use Pandora), it would be great if I could at least "Tune" the stations on the website and have the chosen "Tune" carry over to the Roku device.  That can't be that difficult to accomplish.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, @Bodacious.

If you haven't already done so, make sure to upvote this existing feature request with a ❤️, as well as leave a comment to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: Pandora Modes on Other Devices

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos