cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing pandora premium features on Bose Soundbar, etc..

Fuzzybat23
Underground

When will Pandora Premium features be available on Bose systems? I'm not talking about saving songs to Playlist and such, but playing collections or play lists made through either the PA Dora app or website on Alexa enabled bose systems? Not having the functionality to play a custom Playlist via voice command is a serious handicap to such an expensive system. And no, playing said Playlist and collections via the pandora app through casting or Bluetooth isn't an "answer", it's a "bandaid" for a problem. This is a problem that needs addressing and properly fixing.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Fuzzybat23
Underground

Bose systems are expensive and produce amazing sound quality.  Pandora is currently partnered with Bose, correct?  On your website, you even make the statement:

" Powerful sound to match the perfect Pandora® playlist "

So.. if that's true, why can't we access our Pandora Premium "PLAYLISTS" as your caption suggests, from our Bose equipment, utilizing either the Bose App or built in Alexa voice commands? 

"Alexa, play Oldies radio" vs "Alexa, play Oldies playlist"  Alexa will play whatever it is you've named it, but you only allow stations to play on Bose systems.  According to Bose technical support:

"Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium features are only available through the Pandora App. This is a limitation set by Pandora.  If you have any other questions, please let us know."

Why should this be exclusive to the app?  IT should be exclusive to the subscription and the account.  We sign into Bose with our Pandora Accounts, so it sounds like you are limiting what we can do with our subscription that we're paying for. 

We don't need to be able to make playlists from the Bose app.  Making them on the Pandora App or Website is more than enough.  But being able to ACCESS them from our Bose systems is another matter entirely, and this needs to be addressed and corrected.

TannerPandora

Hi @Fuzzybat23 Thanks for posting to community! I've moved your feature request to Other Devices and included it in your original post.

To answer your question, because individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features. 

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on the following devices: 

You can also expand your Pandora Premium experience using Chromecast or Apple AirPlay, or by accessing your collection on some in-car audio systems.

We appreciate your feedback on this, thanks again for being part of community. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

syoungbe
Local Performer

I can't see anything on my premium pandora account with the bose music app. I can see pandora lists and my collection on the laptop, but not on the bose music application. I can see music choices on my SiriusXM subscription, why can't I see the music selections on Pandora?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @syoungbe! Thanks for posting. 

Please check out my post above for more details on which devices have Premium enabled features. 

There is a post in our Feature Request board requesting Premium integration with Bose Soundtouch.

If this is something you'd like to see, feel free to give this idea a like by clicking on the ' ❤️'  or creating a new feature request with your idea. 

Thanks for being part of community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

syoungbe
Local Performer

I have two bose soundtouch. I just bought a bose 700 soundbar and bose 700 base unit. I cannot access the Pandora premium features with the bose music app. I can do a workaround by using my Iphone with the Pandora premium account by using bluetooth between the iphone and the soundbar to play my saved music on pandora.

0 Kudos