cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TVs: No Sound

Damien
Local Performer

I have a new Sony Bravia smart TV with Pandora. Sometimes there is sound when I’m playing a song; sometimes there isn’t; it seems to take several hours for the sound to start working.

This has nothing to do with the TV’s volume, which is turned up. My wife has a second Sony Bravia smart TV downstairs (the new one is on the second floor) which has never had the sound problem. But it happened at least one since I got the new TV.

Even though we have separate Pandora accounts, the no sound issue keeps happening on my TV upstairs. I believe we set up my new TV using her Google account.

Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
46 Replies

Craigdh57
Underground

Sony Bravia TV. Try this go to settings.

Go to apps.

Go to Pandora.

Go to permissions.

Go to microphone and turn it on.

Now back out and go to open and see if that worked. Now when I open from the app or the TV the sound comes on. I hope this lasts.

tjmolnar
Local Performer

Thanks, Craig. For some reason the problem corrected itself! 

0 Kudos

Craigdh57
Underground
Mine corrected itself many times but always ended up doing the same thing.
I hope this solves it but I've kind of lost faith.
0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

Where are permission in Pandora app?. I have settings. 

Screenshot, or is this Microphone permission for TV. 

0 Kudos

Craigdh57
Underground
This is under apps on my Sony Bravia TV.
0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

I will try it when I get home. I dont think my 2021? Is the same.

Makea no sense to go to apps, open Pandora app and look for it. That is how it is written.

But you are saying it is in apps permissions, which is separate from tje Pandora app itself.

0 Kudos

MazzJohn
Underground

Ditto on an Android Sony Smart TV... frustrating. Off + On TV helps not! C'mon Pandora... you can do better!