cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV - minor bugs

baldgoat
Underground

First, let me say I love Pandora. I've tried several internet radio services. Pandora is the best. It's simple and does the best job of finding new music that I like. I use the Apple TV app all day long while working.

Apple TV Model: A1625 (4th Gen)

tvOS: 13.3

Pandora Version: 1911.1

There a some minor annoyances about the app that I'd love to see corrected.

1. When the Pandora App is active and I'm on 'Now Playing' (Haven't tested this on the other tabs) If the Apple TV screen saver comes on, I can press the play/pause button on the remote to pause the music. However, pressing the play/pause again, while screen saver is still active, does not start the music back up. I need to interact with the remote so the screensaver goes away, then click on the album cover twice to get the music to play.

2. Sometimes, the above solution doesn't work and I have to kill the app and restart it to get music to start playing.

3. While in 'Now Playing', I can't swipe up on the remote to get to the nav menu (Now Playing, My Stations, Search, Settings). I have to click the remote menu button.

4. From the Nav Menu, I can't swipe down to get to the items in the view, I have to click the remote track pad to get to items in the view. This behavior is consistent for 'Now Playing', 'My Stations' and 'Search'. However, 'Settings' allows me to swipe down.

Hopefully these issues can get corrected in future app releases.

mod edit: format

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @baldgoat thanks for your continued patience!

Our engineers are still investigating the bugs you reported, including the pause-play issue. Rest assured that this is being worked on. We know how frustrating this can be and we appreciate you. ❤️

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @baldgoat thanks for your continued support! ❤️🎧

Hope you don't mind, I noticed that you tried to post your message with different formatting, I took it upon myself to space things out a little for you. I also went ahead and removed your additional posts. 

Also, thanks for taking the time to write us with this feedback, we really appreciate it! 

For 1 and 2: To clarify, the Apple TV screensaver starts when you're on the Now Playing screen or you exit the app, the screensaver starts and you're not able to return or resume playback?

For 3 and 4: Our engineers are aware of these 2 issue and they are currently being investigated them. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Thanks again for posting! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

baldgoat
Underground

Thanks for fixing my post. Things look better today. Yesterday I couldn't see the WYSIWYG buttons and the preview was not working. All good today. Maybe something off with my browser.

To answer your question regarding 1 and 2:

Here's the issue step by step

• On 'Now Playing' listening to music
  • Apple TV screensaver starts
  • Press play/pause on remote. Music pauses
  • Press play/pause on remote. Nothing happens
  • Press menu on remote to disable screen saver
  • Now seeing 'Now Playing' view with the album cover as the active element. The triangle 'play' icon does not show on the album cover. (The 'play' icon showing should indicate the music is paused, but the icon is not there and the music is not playing)
  • Press play/pause on remote. Nothing happens
  • Click the trackpad on the remote. The 'play' icon appears but music does not play.
  • Click the trackpad on the remote again. The 'play' icon disappears. Sometimes the music starts playing. Sometimes it does not start playing.
  • If the music does not start playing, I kill the app and start again and the music starts playing.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @baldgoat - super helpful info. I'm going to investigate further on this. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

baldgoat
Underground

You bet. 

One factor that may come into play is the amount of time between when I click to pause the music and when I try to start the music back up. It seems to be more of a problem if it's an hour or longer.

Haven't really timed, but if it's only a couple minutes I can click menu to disable screen saver, then click the pause/play on the remote to start the music back up.

baldgoat
Underground

@TannerPandora Any luck recreating my pause/play issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @baldgoat thanks for your continued patience!

Our engineers are still investigating the bugs you reported, including the pause-play issue. Rest assured that this is being worked on. We know how frustrating this can be and we appreciate you. ❤️

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport