cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio dropouts on Apple TV

dbl1234
Local Performer

audio dropouts quite frequent why is this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dbl1234 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

When you say there are audio dropouts, do you mean that the music stops playing randomly?

Or does it still appear that the song is playing, however there is just no sound?

Also:

1. Is there an error message when this happens? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dbl1234
Local Performer

I am listening via 4k Apple Tv. There is no way to tell whether the song continues with no sound or is randomly dropping out. There are never any error codes, but it might help! Unfortunately a screenshot would show no change when the dropout occurs. Also it does not always happen, but when it starts it’s frequent. Bug!

Also audio/video streaming shows no failure. Internet speed runs at speeds up to 600 mbs.

Will this app get an update it’s been almost a year?

Thanks 

0 Kudos

dbl1234
Local Performer

Running with an ethernet connection 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dbl1234 Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

"Soft restart" the app:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select System.
  3. Then select Restart.

"Hard restart" the app:

1. Users with Aluminum or White Apple Remotes can restart the app by holding down the Menu and Down buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.
  2. Users with Siri Remotes or Apple TV remotes should hold down the Display and Menu buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.

If you're still having trouble, make sure you have the latest update of the Pandora app by going to the App Store, searching Pandora and selecting Update if you see it.

If Pandora still doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app as follows: Go to your home screen and click and hold the Pandora icon until it starts wiggling, then click Play/Pause to delete the app.

Next, open the App Store, search for Pandora, and click the Get arrow.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

dbl1234
Local Performer

I appreciate your interest and help. I have tried all steps many times. Eventually the dropouts return. I am now regularly uninstalling and reinstalling. The dropouts return.

The current app is from November 2019.

Thanks anyway I will try crossing my fingers

0 Kudos

dbl1234
Local Performer

a joke

0 Kudos

dcwintonshark
Local Performer

Now happening here. I have latest Apple TV and Pandora apps installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. 

So it just stops after a while. The Pandora app seems to think music is still playing but no sound is coming out. If I exit the app, or just change to a different station or music stream it will come back. It’s like there’s an “auto mute” that kicks in after some time period. I have not timed it to see if it’s consistent,  but I leave music on for our dogs when I’m not here, and when I come back, 100%  of the time, it’s gone quiet. 

This only on the Pandora app. It seems like the Netflix that asks sometimes if you’re still watching and turns off the stream if you don’t respond. Except there’s no one here to respond.

0 Kudos