cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect on Smart Board TV MX Series

txspedteacher
Local Performer

I used to be able to connect to Pandora on my Smart Board TV MX Series at school using the Chromium browser. I can log in on my computer using Chrome on our network. On the Smart Board using Chromium, I keep getting a message that the https connection is unsecured. When I choose to go there anyway, I get a message from Pandora stating that the browser needs to be updated. My browser is updated. PLEASE HELP! 😞

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@txspedteacher Nice to see you around the Community.

Streaming Pandora in a school setting:

As a general rule, any time you play music in a public place, you must have the proper licenses and pay the required royalties. This license requirement helps fairly compensate artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightholders. Pandora is only authorized to grant you a license to use the Pandora service for personal non-commercial purposes, as stated in our terms of use.

However, under the U.S. Copyright Act, the performance or display of a work by instructors or pupils in the course of face-to-face teaching activities of a nonprofit educational institution may, in certain, limited circumstances, be exempt from certain license requirements. You should consult the venue in which you are speaking, the institution which is conducting or sponsoring the conference or workshop, or your own attorney for advice on whether your use of the Pandora service might qualify under this or some other exception to the licensing requirements of the U.S. Copyright Act.

Use of Pandora in a commercial setting is also available via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more about this or to sign up, please visit their website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Troubleshooting your Smart Board TV MX device:

To clarify, is Chromium the only browser option available on that device?

Also, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other websites such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching YouTube and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

txspedteacher
Local Performer

Hi Adam. Yes, Chromium is the only browser on this device. I tried YouTube and I am getting the same message that I get with Pandora. It was worked on one day, then didn’t work the next. I guess I’m confused because the Pandora message is pretty specific about needing to update the browser; however, it is updated. 😞

I should clarify that I listen to Pandora before and after school in addition to my conference periods. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @txspedteacher.

It sounds like you might be running into network firewalls at work since you are running into the same error with YouTube.

Sometimes IT departments decide to limit their user's access to music streaming services like Pandora. If it isn't working when you listen from work, you may want to check with your IT department to make sure that they haven't blocked your access to streaming services.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos