cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast - Casting to devices or using Bluetooth simultaneously

Jh81
Local Performer

I have 16 smart speakers/groups in Google home. I was thinking about getting a JBL charge 5 for when I want some music in my shop or on the patio. I can get the JBL free from work so it doesn't have to be that one, but free is nice. I cast to my smart speakers fine, but there's no way to cast and also keep the music playing through my phone, correct? Does this mean I cannot stream to the Bluetooth speaker and other speakers unless I pair the Bluetooth speaker to one of the Google devices? This would mean the Google speaker would stop casting.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jh81!

When casting to a Chromecast device or Google Home, the phone has handed off playback to the chromecast - so using bluetooth simultaneously wouldn't work in this scenario, it's no longer streaming through the phone. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jh81!

When casting to a Chromecast device or Google Home, the phone has handed off playback to the chromecast - so using bluetooth simultaneously wouldn't work in this scenario, it's no longer streaming through the phone. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

K_Flyer
Local Performer

Very odd behavior with ChromeCast. Start Pandora on my Samsung S8+, cast to ChromeCast, pause song, close Pandora on phone and remove it from running Apps on phone. Even reset phone. Pandora is still showing on TV. Go to Google Home and Pandora will run from there! Press Play or Pause and set volume and Pandora will keep going for hours! Tap on Pandora button on Home screen and it will open on the phone in the correct place in the song. Weird.

Murray

0 Kudos