cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV - Pandora app unresponsive, 'Please Wait...' message

Coachcathy
Local Performer

The Pandora app on my Sony Bravia TV has stopped launching. It had been working fine and now won’t launch. I contacted Sony support and they said to do a factory reset. Before I do that, is there anything that can be done on your end?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @Coachcathy

Can you tell me a little bit more about what is happening?

When you start Pandora are you getting a blank grey screen or is Pandora starting but freezing on the splash page?

Also, is Pandora app located on the Sony TV or on another device connected to the TV? I don't see a Sony TV associated with your account but I do see a DirecTV. 

Could you share a picture of what you're seeing when this happens?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Coachcathy
Local Performer

Appreciate your response. Not sure if Pandora is associated with the Sony TV, but I believe it was one of the apps already on the TV. It’s been launching fine up until yesterday when it just kept saying please wait. Sony support checked for a software update and said it’s up to date and my internet connection was fine also. Other apps on the TV are working. I also contacted DirecTV and they said it wasn’t something they handled.B36CAEEA-BFED-4927-B400-84C74F594495.jpegCD395C2C-4EAD-4A1A-A901-8D47D03C4772.jpeg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Coachcathy

Thanks for following up with those pictures! Looks like the Pandora app is found on your DirecTV. This is helpful to start some troubleshooting steps. 

I've also created a brand new post for you since this is a little different then the previous thread. 

To begin with, I've started a trace on your account, this will help us diagnose the issue. I've removed the DirecTV association from your Pandora account. This will automatically log you off, please be patience as this may not happen instantaneously. 

Before logging back in, can you please power-cycle your modem and router, then sign into Pandora and try to replicate the same behavior again. Be sure to take note of the time and date, I'll be able to take a closer look. 

Let me know if you run into any trouble. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Coachcathy
Local Performer

At 11:00 AM on Friday, Dec 11, I checked my TV apps and Pandora was still there. I power-cycled my modem and router and tried to launch the app on my TV. It showed a message that the internet connection was successful, but it also said it was a weak signal (result code 88-857). It gave me an option to Optimize Network, but when I clicked on that, it was just things like make sure the router is close, shut off other devices, etc. And now it’s gone back to saying Please Wait

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Coachcathy

Thanks for trying. The app wouldn't have been removed from your screen, but you should have been asked to log-in again. Sometimes the device removal doesn't happen immediately. You may be logged out at some point if you try Pandora again, if this happens, please try logging back. 

In the meantime, I've report this to our engineering team so they can take a closer look at what may be happening. 

Thanks for your patience while they investigate. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Coachcathy
Local Performer

I wanted to let you know that as of today 12/12 at 10 AM, I’m still getting a message that the internet connection was successful, but that it’s a weak signal (result code 88-857). I have high-speed Internet through Spectrum and all my other devices are working fine. I’m still not able to launch Pandora even after multiple times power-cycling my modem and router.

0 Kudos