cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish devices - Playback stops

Cornrod
Local Performer

Help Please,

Just recently my LG TV with a Wireless Joey when Playing Pandora stops after one song. It has for years ran fine. My other TV which is wired runs Pandora fine. I signed off and turned the TV and signed on Pandora. The problem still exists.

Thank you for helping me

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

KachinaShadow
Underground

@TannerPandora 

Tanner,

Any progress on the issue, shown in my post on 5/23, that you forwarded to engineering?

I'm still having the same issue.

Paul

0 Kudos

megeurian
Underground
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

Not sure why this can't be solved by either Dish (who promotes the Pandora app being available on Dish) or Pandora (who promotes their app being available on Dish) since we all pay good money to both Dish and Pandora for this service! 

Also not sure why the moderators of this site can't keep us updated about this issue which I asked about three days ago.

☹️😧

0 Kudos

Steelhorse96
Local Performer
I think the R&D from dish has come to a stop, people are going to streaming. I shut my dish off yesterday for that reason.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
0 Kudos

kib4011
Local Performer

I have the same Dish Hopper with Sling with the Pandora app (free account) and songs will start then skip to almost the end of the song, but the progress bar is showing a low percentage of play. This is very annoying. I have Googled this issue and some others note it happens on songs longer than 5 minutes. I also have a wifi extender near my LG smart tv. I have Cox Panoramic wifi Gateway.

I don't have this issue on my iPhone 12 while riding my bicycle.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

skyguybva
Local Performer

Lots of chatter, NO solutions.  This problem goes back to 2003!! It has been reported dozens of times, and Pandora refuses to design a fix..they just don't care!

There's a glitch in the system. Looks likr the bean counters would take note, they're losing money.

0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@kib4011 @skyguybva 

Here's the simple solution that I found...

Just add an Amazon Fire TV Stick to your TV...works flawlessly for Pandora, YouTube and many other apps 😁

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YNLBS7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the basic one although they do offer other ones.

Paul

0 Kudos