cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Show - Blank screen during playback

wfc
Underground

About a month ago my Pandora on my Amazon Echo Show started to give a blank screen every other song or so. It will display as normal and then the screen drops out. The arrow at the top of the screen is still there so if I swipe down it shows the options screen. So the screen is functioning. It’s at current firmware. If music is not playing it displays the normal idle screens. 
has anyone else seen this?  Amazon just says purchase another device. 
thanks

bill

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @wfc! Welcome to community. 👋

While I haven't heard about this from other users, I'm happy to take a look. I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. I'll need you to use Pandora as you normal would on your Echo Show and I'll check to see if there is anything unusual in the logs.

In the meantime, have you tried any troubleshooting prior to reaching out? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wfc
Underground
Reset echo to factory, updated firmware.

No joy

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @wfc. Since you've already done some troubleshooting, I don't have anything more to recommend. I'll check the logs and see if anything stands out. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wfc
Underground

Screen still goes blank periodically. Additionally the pandora feed dies constantly. It may run anywhere from 2 Minutes  to 2 hours but it will just drop with no warning. Just quits playing. I don’t seem to have that problem with Amazon music. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @wfc - Sorry to hear this is still happening.

I searched through the trace log but unfortunately I didn't see anything of note. I've gone ahead and created a ticket with our engineering team and passed it along to them for further investigation.

Out of curiosity, do you use a VPN or possibly a network level VPN?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wfc
Underground

I don’t use any VPNs. If I listen through my Alexa app on my phone it doesn’t drop there either. If that’s any help 

wfc
Underground

Additionally,Per the instructions from Amazon support I purchased another echo show. Same issue. 
Bill

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @wfc. Good info to know, at least we know it's not device specific. Such odd behavior from the Show.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos