cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit filter not working on Roku TV

CAF25
Local Performer

@AdamPandora  this is good info, thanks.   However, the Pandora app on my Roku TV doesn't filter any explicit songs.  I only listen to stations and get multiple explicit songs on different stations every day.  This morning an explicit avril lavigne song played on the Disney Children's Radio station!

I upvoted the request to be able to filter all explicit content, hopefully that happens.  I'm frustrated the the explicit filter doesn't seem to work at all.  I could write down the artist and song, but it would be a long list every day.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CAF25 Can you please confirm that you have enabled the explicit filter on your Roku device as well?

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or ads with explicit content on your Roku by pressing the Up Arrow on your remote to display the Menu at top of the screen. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page, and then select Settings. You'll see the options for Explicit Content under Content Settings.*

You will be prompted to input your current Pandora password to save this setting.

*To ensure you open the main Pandora app (and not our voice-enabled lightweight app), open Pandora from the menu of your Roku, not via voice command.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you can confirm that is enabled on the device, please make sure to give a thumbs down to the next explicit track that plays on your station.

Then make note of the station you were listening to and let me know.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

CAF25
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I can confirm the explicit filter is turned on. 

I’ll thumbs down and note the stations. Is there an effort to fix the issue overall instead of song by song?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CAF25 Thanks for following up with that information.

This is something our curation team is looking into. That being said, definitely make sure to give the next explicit track that plays on your account a thumbs down, and then let me know what station it was playing on.

Thanks again for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

CAF25
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I just thumbs’d down 3 explicit songs from different artists on Imagine Dragons radio.

Hall of Fame,

Hold me while you wait,

A Sky Full of Stars

0 Kudos

CAF25
Local Performer

@AdamPandora 

4-5 more explicit songs this morning on Adele Radio.  My kids thumbed a few down so I’m not sure exactly how many. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CAF25 Thanks for following up.

After reviewing the three tracks you mentioned, it doesn't look like any of them actually contain any explicit language:

• Hall of Fame by The Script
  • Hold Me While You Wait by Lewis Capaldi
  • A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay

While they are listed under an explicit album, these particular tracks don't actually contain any explicit language.

This being said, I do see you mentioned you thumbed down some explicit tracks on your Adele station as well - can you please do me a favor and let me know the names of the explicit tracks that played?

I'm happy to look into this further with you.

Let me know.

0 Kudos