cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: How to request a specific song instead of station?

jimmio92
Local Performer

I pay for Pandora Premium so I can specifically search out a song and listen to it directly which is thankfully a feature now on Pandora. I assigned this to my Google Home, but when I asked it to play a song, it played a station based on the artist I said instead of the song I wanted.

Is there some way to adjust this behavior on Pandora's side or in my own settings somewhere or are Google Home devices just completely useless?

Thanks a bunch,
Jim

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jimmio92 

Welcome to community!

As a Premium subscriber you should be able to request a specific track through Google.

Sometimes, if the track and station name are the same or similar, it may be helpful to rename your station to something different if possible.

Assuming that Pandora is your default music service on your Google Home, I would use the following voice command "Hey Google, play "name of song".

If Google continues to play the wrong content, you can file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback." This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to review further

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jimmio92
Local Performer

Gotcha, so Google Home devices are the problem/trash like I suggested previously.

Google assumes Pandora cannot play individual songs so it says "asking Pandora to play some music" instead of "Playing <my song> on Pandora".

I'll literally need to switch music providers to fix the problem because you know **ahem** right well Google doesn't care to fix anything unless it hurts their bottom line. Really **ahem** because Pandora is better at choosing the next song to play compared to any other I've tried.

0 Kudos

jimmio92
Local Performer

d a m n and s u c ks. Even worse you think those are curse words bahahaha

0 Kudos

Rayj4music
Local Performer

Google Home plays your favorite music on the unit it self no way mine doesn’t work or play music since I first took it out of the box it does nothing in fact I don’t even know where it is I have a Very Good Idea though that SOB that sneaks in here while we are sleeping crawling through the vents it’s a loft so that’s what he does and steals whatever he can because he’s desperate he doesn’t have enough money to pay for his own room or his own devices so he steals them from Apple Store and Apple Pay and Apple Music and ITunes what a waste of humanity right everybody? Right 

0 Kudos