cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home Playing Emine'm and not Eminem

Seangil86
Local Performer

Good Morning, 

As of today I have noticed that my Google Home is no longer playing the artist Eminem. Instead it is choosing an artist by the name of Emine'm.  However as i looked into it the album being played or artist being played is listed as "Eminem (Turkey)"  

I am trying to figure out if the confusion is with my google home or with Pandora. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up and for the feedback @Seangil86! It sounds like Google was confused about the artist request, since the names are so similar. I'm not aware of any changes on our end. In my experience with Google Home, Alexa and Siri, it's often best to be specific as possible, it leaves little room for the request to be mis-interpreted. 

I'm currently experiencing an issue where my Google Home will only play playlist and I can't get it to play a station even after I've specifically requested which station. 😔

In the meantime, I've shared your experience with our products team / Google. We're always looking for ways to improve and this type of feedback helps. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Seangil86! Thanks for posting. 

Can you let me know the voice command you're using? Does this happen when requesting the station or on-demand content like a playlist?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Seangil86
Local Performer

Good Afternoon TannerPandora, 

Yes. The command I say is, "Hey Google, Play Eminem."  and google responds with, "Playing Eminem on pandora."   Instead it plays Emine'm (Turkey) album Oyun Senin. 
I have a radio station called Eminem radio. So when I make the command, "Hey Google, Play Eminem Radio."  it will then play  the Eminem radio as normal. 

I think the confusion has been that in the recent time since we got google home. The voice command would match with the artist we wish to play with Pandora. Example: Hey Google Play AC DC or Play Taylor Swift. 
So when we normally would say "Play Eminem".  It caught me by surprised that its now playing a different artist. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up and for the feedback @Seangil86! It sounds like Google was confused about the artist request, since the names are so similar. I'm not aware of any changes on our end. In my experience with Google Home, Alexa and Siri, it's often best to be specific as possible, it leaves little room for the request to be mis-interpreted. 

I'm currently experiencing an issue where my Google Home will only play playlist and I can't get it to play a station even after I've specifically requested which station. 😔

In the meantime, I've shared your experience with our products team / Google. We're always looking for ways to improve and this type of feedback helps. 

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos