cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Shuffle Doesn't Include All Stations

krhines1975
Underground

Hello.  I'm experiencing the same exact issue (I actually have for about a year now).  

What I have noticed is if I say the commands "Hey Google play My Shuffle radio" or "Hey Google play My Thumbprinr radio", Google Home plays the last station that I added to my shuffle list.  The only way I can get Google Home to shuffle my stations is to open the Pandora app on my phone and cast to my Google Home (the voice commands will just play the last station I added).

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
19 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @krhines1975! Thanks for posting. 

I created your own post under Google Home: Shuffle Doesn't Include All Stationssince your experience is a little different than the previous thread. From your description it sounds like requesting Google to shuffle all your stations only plays the last station that was added to your shuffle list. 

I've enabled a trace on your account that can help us determine what may be happening. We'll need you to use Pandora with your Google Home as you normally would. The next time you request Google to shuffle your stations and it doesn't play correctly, can you take note of the date/time and let me know. 

Additionally, Google is really interested in what's happening when your Google Home device doesn't understand your request. As a result, they've asked us to refer listeners back to them when this happens.

Could you request that shuffle from your Google Home again? Then, if your device still fails to launch Pandora correctly, file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback."

This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to investigate what's going on.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

krhines1975
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora.  I just said the command "Hey Google, play My Shuffle radio" and it is playing the last station I added to my Shuffle list.  I issued this command around 3:30 PM EST today (9/2/2020).  I also send feedback to Google using "Hey Google File Feedback".

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @krhines1975 Can you try the command: "Hey Google, Shuffle my stations."

Let me know if the same station beings, and then if it does, can you wait to see if it will change after 2 to 3 songs?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

krhines1975
Underground

Hey @TannerPandora. I tried the command "Hey Google, shuffle my stations" and it said "Okay, I'll shuffle a station called 'Easy Listening'" and it started playing the Easy Listening station. That's not one of my stations in my shuffle.  I let it play two songs and the third song was still the Easy Listening station.  I have no idea why it chose that.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Wow, didn't expect that @krhines1975. Thanks for trying that out.

I've updated my report to our engineers with this new info. If you notice anything else, feel free to tag me.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate further. 

0 Kudos

Dane1721
Local Performer

Any update on this issue? I haven't been able to shuffle all stations on Google Home for a long time now. It used to work perfectly fine. No one seems to know what happened.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dane1721 Thanks for posting. I moved your message over to an existing thread specific for Google Home: Google Home: Shuffle Doesn't Include All Stations

There was a fix for this in the past but it doesn't seem that it ever worked for you. We have a current ticket for this that I've added your info on.

Can you let me know which generation Google Home device you have?

Also, we've been asked that listeners send feedback to Google directly. Could you request shuffle from your Google Home again? Then, if your device still fails to shuffle correctly, file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback."

This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to investigate.

Thanks!

PS.

I see that you've emailed our User Support team as well. To avoid any confusion, please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. 

0 Kudos

Dane1721
Local Performer

It's just the original standard size Google Home. It worked just fine up until a year or so ago. I've contacted Google directly with no results and I have provided feedback as suggested. I've never seen a legit fix and at this point, I'm wondering if anyone is even able to shuffle all of their stations on Google Home. I just cast from a browser to another speaker and bypass Google Home completely at the moment. After trying every troubleshooting step I've found, I can't seem to figure it out.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Dane1721. I've included this in my report to our engineers. 

I'll be updating this thread with any new information as it's made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

krhines1975
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora.  Was wondering if there was any updates on this (the issue is still occurring?  Thanks!

-Kevin Hines

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@krhines1975 It looks like this issue is still being investigated by our engineers.

Please keep an eye on this thread, as this is where we will be providing you with any updates.

Thanks again for all your patience with this in the meantime!

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

omp
Local Performer

While setting up my Christmas shuffle, I ran into this issue. Not sure which part of this fixed the problem, but here's what I did: 

1. Via browser, signed into Pandora, and verified my shuffle

2. While remaining signed, I closed my Pandora browser tab

3. In the Google Home App, I unlinked my Pandora account, and then re-linked. (which may be all that's really necessary)

4. "Hey Google, play my shuffle on Pandora", now works!

AlyssaPandora

So glad to hear it, @omp

If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know.

In the meantime, enjoy the tunes. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

abeylin1982
Local Performer

Device: Nest Audio
Commands tried, failed:
"Hey Google, play my shuffle"
"Hey Google, shuffle my stations"
"Hey Google, play my shuffle radio"

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @abeylin1982! Thanks for visiting community. 

Can you try this exact voice command: "Hey Google, play my shuffle station."

0 Kudos

abeylin1982
Local Performer

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried that exact voice command. It played a different station from what had been playing previously (good!) but every following song was from the same station, rather than stations in my shuffle (bad), so that's a partial victory? 🙂 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@abeylin1982 haha - partial victory. 🎉 Did it continue to play songs from that one station or did it eventually switch over

In the meantime, I've passed on your experience to our engineering team so they can investigate further. I'd also recommend posting your experience with Amazon Alexa as well. 

Let me know if you notice any changes. 

0 Kudos

abeylin1982
Local Performer

5 songs on, and it was all from the same channel.
I don't have any products with Amazon Alexa, but if there's somewhere else that my experience is worth sharing, I'm happy to.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@abeylin1982 Ack! Sorry, I had Alexa on the brain. I meant to say Google. 😖