cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Stations get created after each request

pewpdaddy
Local Performer

I've noticed recently that Pandora is choosing random "stations" from my collection.  Many of these are not any of my very few stations, and I have LOTS that have been added to "My Collection", by on demand view I believe.  Is this the way on demand is supposed to work?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me, @pewpdaddy.

I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this issue is specific with your Google Home device.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to prevent that from happening.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well: Feature Request: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pewpdaddy To clarify, are stations getting created after you play a song on demand?

If so, what are the names of some of the stations that recently got created after playing them on demand?

Can you also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

pewpdaddy
Local Performer

@AdamPandora wrote:

@pewpdaddy To clarify, are stations getting created after you play a song on demand? Yes, to clarify this is under "My Collection > Collections > Stations". 

If so, what are the names of some of the stations that recently got created after playing them on demand?  They are normally the name of the song + "Radio".  For example "The Stroke (2002 Remaster) Radio".

Can you also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Just getting back to this, sorry for disappearing.  I tried to answer your questions in the quote.  Some additional context, I normally listen to pandora via either the Opera browser, or the Android app.   These stations are likely most often coming from the andriod app, as that is when I'd be most likely to play something on demand.

0 Kudos

pewpdaddy
Local Performer

Screenshot - None of the stations in this image were created intentionally.

PandoraSupport.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pewpdaddy Thanks for following up.

Can you please try reproducing this once more?

When doing so, please also send me a screenshot of the specific button you are pressing to play the track on demand when the station gets created.

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

pewpdaddy
Local Performer

I believe it also happens via the android app, but this station was created by my Google Home by me saying "Hey Google play "The Hook""

pewpdaddy_0-1679700669592.png

Just tried searching in the Android app, selecting a song, and using the play button.  This did not create a station.  Seems its the Google Home that is creating them.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me, @pewpdaddy.

I moved your post to the Other Devices space since this issue is specific with your Google Home device.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to prevent that from happening.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well: Feature Request: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos