cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home - When casting, selecting a song plays a different song

Kf7mxe
Underground

When casting to Google Home mini and I select from a list of an artist songs it plays a random one not the one that I click the play button on.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UvziaZD4hiGGXXtt8 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kf7mxe! Thanks for posting!

Just to confirm, are you choosing the song through the app or using voice commands? If you're selecting a song, is this from a playlist, search or sorting your collection by Song? Thanks!

Can you send over a bit more info about your mobile device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kf7mxe
Underground

I am choosing the songs through the app. 

Model: Google pixel 3a

ANDROID VERSION:12

Build Number: SP1A.210812.015

Pandora version: version: 2108.1.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21081102)

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Kf7mxe.  Are you sorting by Song in My Collection or choosing within a Playlist?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kf7mxe
Underground

It's when I'm browsing through the artists songs from the artists page. 

What I did was search for Kieth urban in artists  and then hit view all songs and then tapped the little play button. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the repro steps, @Kf7mxe

Does this happen with multiple artist or just Keith Urban? Does this also occur when you're not casting, just using the mobile app?

Would you mind trying these steps out for me:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps:*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. For your Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kf7mxe
Underground

I cleared the cash and the app data. 

If I'm not casting it works normally but if I am casting then the problem arises. 

It seems if I scroll past a certain point that is where it doesn't play the right song if I don't scroll very far at the top of the list it will play the right song but the farther down I scroll then it plays the wrong songs. It also does this with multiple artists as well.

It's not a big deal I just thought you might want to know about the bug. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks, @Kf7mxe! Just needed to get some details around your experience. I've created a ticket and passed it along to our engineering team. 

Thanks for letting us know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos