cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home - "Someone Else is Listening" message

Nicholas
Underground

I am on the family plan, so no one else is listening to my account. I deactivated pandora in Google home, logged out on all of my other devices, deleted and reinstalled the app, and even changed my account password just to make sure no unauthorized users was accessing the account, and I still can't finish a song without getting kicked off for "someone else is listening"!!! This is infuriating! Why can't I even see what device is supposedly listening and revoke access??

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholas I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

To begin, it doesn't look like the account connected to your Community profile has ever been signed into a Google Home device.

I do see however the second Pandora account that is a part of your Family Plan has been signed in on that device. 

If you have more than one Pandora listener using your Google Home device, you'll want to make sure that you have a unique Google account affiliated with each user. That's because each Google account holder can only link to one Pandora account at a time.

If you create these unique profiles on your Google Home, you'll be able to access the correct Pandora account by switching the Google account affiliated with your device.

Here's some more information about how to add an additional Google account to your device.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholas I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

To begin, it doesn't look like the account connected to your Community profile has ever been signed into a Google Home device.

I do see however the second Pandora account that is a part of your Family Plan has been signed in on that device. 

If you have more than one Pandora listener using your Google Home device, you'll want to make sure that you have a unique Google account affiliated with each user. That's because each Google account holder can only link to one Pandora account at a time.

If you create these unique profiles on your Google Home, you'll be able to access the correct Pandora account by switching the Google account affiliated with your device.

Here's some more information about how to add an additional Google account to your device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mckinney1949
Local Performer

My Pandora account has allowed me to listen to different "stations" on different devices (Google Home speakers) for years, until now. Why the change?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mckinney1949 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

• Are you attempting to stream your account across multiple Google Home speakers simultaneously?
  • Does an error message appear? If so, what does it say?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

mckinney1949
Local Performer

I typically listen to one Pandora station in the bedroom and another one on the Google Home speakers in the rest of the house.

This morning, the speaker in my workout room stopped playing and told me someone else was using my Pandora account, and only one user/device could be using it at a time.

This has never happened before, so I started researching the issue.

Afterwards, I just tried restarting the music in the workout room, and it started playing again, even while the bedroom speaker continued to play a different station.

So, I'm confused.  Can I continue to listen to different stations on different speakers?  Will Pandora complain about it, yet still allow me to do it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @mckinney1949.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Google Home - "Someone Else is Listening" message

To explain, you won't be able to play different stations across multiple Google Home speakers.

If you would like to play different stations at the same time, you will need to first create a second Pandora account for your other speaker.

You'll then want to make sure that you have a unique Google account affiliated with each account. That's because each Google account holder can only link to one Pandora account at a time.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos