cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: "Something Went Wrong" error message

ssif21
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora on a Google speaker every night as I go to bed. Tonight it just says "something went wrong try later" over and over. I can run the Pandora app on my phone and cast it to the speaker but that's a hassle since the app desingers made the sleep timer so absurdly complicated to find. I have no problem running the Pandora app on my other devices.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ssif21
Local Performer

I wanted to provide additional information on this.

1. I have three Google speakers. Two play Pandora without a problem, one repeatedly says "something went wrong please try later."

2. The problematic speaker played Pandora without an issue until yesterday.

3. I did a factory reset and reinstall of the problematic speaker. That did not resolve the issue.

4. The problematic speaker can play Spotify without an issue. (I intend to switch from Pandora to Spotify if we're unable to resolve this problem.)

5. I can play Pandora without a problem on my desktop computer, tablet and phone so there is no issue with my account. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ssif21!

To confirm, are you using voice commands to activate Pandora on your Google speaker?

In the meantime, I see that you've tried a factory reset, but I don't see a new Google device connection with your account. Can you please try manually unlinking/linking your account. I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. The trace will remain active for 7 days, at your convenience, please replicate your experience again and let me know the date, time, including timezone, and I'll take a closer look.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ssif21
Local Performer

Yeah, voice commands are the only way to communicate with the speaker. I linked and relinked Pandora to Google Home and will try that. It was strange that it worked with my other two speakers and not the one.

0 Kudos

ssif21
Local Performer

This continues. Some days it works, other days it does not. My plan now is to give it a few more days and if there's no resolution, cancel Pandora and switch to Spotify.

0 Kudos

ssif21
Local Performer

Since this was simply marked "resolved" without any solution can I assume that Pandora is unwilling or unable to help? If that's true I'm switching to Spotify tomorrow. 

Subscription canceled. And I've used it for years 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ssif21 

Sorry for the continued trouble with your Google Home device.

I was out of office, apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately, after reviewing the trace log extensively I couldn't find anything of note to explain this issue with your one Google Home device. Based on your previous message, it appears you've done some extensive troubleshooting, and at this time, I have no further steps to provide. I've gone ahead and reported your experience to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Additionally, I've confirmed that your subscription has been cancelled as of 8/15/23. We're sorry to see you go, but understand your frustration. I've noted your negative experience around this issue for the appropriate parties.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos