cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace Digital Devices made before 2017

dferrum27
Local Performer

it has always played Pandora but suddenly it has stopped playing it.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @dferrum27! Thanks for posting to community. 

Sounds like you may be using a Grace Digital device before 2017. Unfortunately, Grace Digital devices made before 2017 are no longer supported. For more info on if your device was affected by this change, you can submit a support request to the Grace Digital support team directly or call 800-903-9524.

Our engineering team is currently working on a Pandora application for 2017 or newer Grace Digital devices.

Thanks for patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

16 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dferrum27! Thanks for posting to community. 

Sounds like you may be using a Grace Digital device before 2017. Unfortunately, Grace Digital devices made before 2017 are no longer supported. For more info on if your device was affected by this change, you can submit a support request to the Grace Digital support team directly or call 800-903-9524.

Our engineering team is currently working on a Pandora application for 2017 or newer Grace Digital devices.

Thanks for patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

OldMikee
Local Performer

I have the same issue on my Grace Digital Radio Model GDI-IRA500. The station plays on my computer but not on the internet radio.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @OldMikee! Thanks for posting.

I moved your post over to a thread that I believe may be happening with your Grace Digital device. 

If Pandora no longer plays on your Grace Digital device and your device is older than 2017, please be check out the accepted solution above

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

harrisam
Local Performer

Same issue slightly different verbage.

0 Kudos

bschneier
Local Performer

So just so I understand. We have a new Grace Link radio that plays into our stereo amplifier. We linked our Pandora acct, which plays fine on the radio and we can access stations with the radio remote or the radio tuning knob. However, the Grace + app on our iphones has Pandora listed with the other services ( like Sirius) but there is no information/listings for our account stations/content. Unlike Sirius where I see my account and all my stations. Is this not active yet? If not, how can I get my acct to populate in the app. The old app and my older Grace Radio, which I just had to replace because it wouldnt work with your updated services (that was a bummer and costly!) and now no Pandora that works in your G+ app on my phone? Please help!

0 Kudos

campedwin
Underground

Pandora stopped working years ago on Grace Digital Encore+. You can neither Chromecast Pandora from a phone or computer or any other source to a Grace Digital Encore+. Some of this has to do with Pandora ending support for 3 party streaming. 

0 Kudos

fwgibbons
Local Performer

Today Pandora disappeared on my Grace internet tuner. When I went to the Grace site to link Pandora the Pandora response was : Error: Service not available for user.  Pandora is working fine on my Android device.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @fwgibbons! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe may be related to your experience: Grace Digital Devices made before 2017

Sounds like you may be using a Grace Digital device before 2017. Unfortunately, Grace Digital devices made before 2017 are no longer supported.

For more info on if your device was affected by this change, you can submit a support request to the Grace Digital support team directly or call 800-903-9524.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

robinrdpro
Underground

Why are Grace Digital devices made before 2017 no. longer supported? **ahem** last week it worked fine - now it's dead. I've been using Pandora app on my device for years and now suddenly my device is verboten? C'mon Pandora - throw us a bone here!!

tvBilly
Local Performer

@robinrdpro wrote:

Why are Grace Digital devices made before 2017 no. longer supported? **ahem** last week it worked fine - now it's dead. I've been using Pandora app on my device for years and now suddenly my device is verboten? C'mon Pandora - throw us a bone here!!

It's not Pandora, it's Grace Digital. Give them a call or log into the Grace Digital site and you can read all about it. My Grace Digital just stopped playing Pandora today. Grace Digital will give you a 30% discount coupon to buy one of their newer radios if you ask them. They claim the new radio's work with Pandora but I have little faith in Grace Digital anymore. They barely offer any models and only in black. I think I'm through with Grace Digital for the way they handled this.

From @TannerPandora: For more info on if your device was affected by this change, you can submit a support request to the Grace Digital support team directly or call 800-903-9524.

But I'm certainly not through with Pandora, I just need to find a new radio that supports Pandora for the kitchen. Happy to take any suggestions...

robinrdpro
Underground

Yes, the information from Grace Digital did not blame Pandora for the incompatibility but to another 3rd party that provided the service which shut down. 

I love my Grace Digital radio for it's sound quality and am considering another unit with a discount offered by Grace Digital, but my Google home device will also play Pandora with just voice commands, so I'll probably save the money until a better product comes out.

0 Kudos

Ronnacasper
Local Performer

Have you ever found another platform that you can use on your grace internet radio other than Pandora?

0 Kudos

robinrdpro
Underground

I've tried some of the other music apps (iHeartRadio, Streaming radio stations) but I really like Pandora's software because they can tailor the music to what I like, and I use it on my other Android-based devices.

0 Kudos

pismo10
Local Performer

Avoid Grace products at all costs..

0 Kudos

tvBilly
Local Performer

My current solution: I have an original Google Mini in the kitchen (which I use for timers and conversions, shopping list, etc) and I remembered that my Grace Digital Mondo has an AUX in. So I plugged in one of the tiny bluetooth receivers (normally used to make a pair of wired headphone support bluetooth; they cost next to nothing, maybe $10-$20) and paired it to the Google Mini. Now I just say "Hey Google, play Joe Bonamassa Radio" and my Pandora Joe Bonamassa radio plays out of the Mondo (with its external amp and speakers). If your radio has an aux input, or supports receiving bluetooth natively, this could be a reasonable solution (compared to buying a new radio).

I miss the little picture on the Mondo that tells me the artist, album, and song, but I can always ask Google (to ask Pandora) who's playing. I can skip and mark thumbs up and down and make it louder and softer all by voice command. (Useful in the kitchen).

Not a perfect solution, but I still have all my working internet stations, my local stations, and now anything that Google can cast for me, including Pandora!

0 Kudos

Cbaderdo
Local Performer

I guess my Grace radio from 2015 is officially outdated 😞

0 Kudos