cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TV - Plays only ads, no music

Bradleygt
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora on an LG smart TV, my phone, a laptop and a PC. I just downloaded the Pandoro app onto my new (used) LG smart TV and when I launch the app it buffers for a long time before it opens and then when it does open it only plays ads, no music. The other apps on this TV, like YouTube, work fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app but that didn't work.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bradleygt! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Happy to look into this for you. Can you let me know the model and year of your LG TV? Is your TV connected via WiFi or ethernet?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you please replicate the experience you mentioned while this trace is enabled. Can you let me know if it looks like content is loading / buffers and then progress to an ad or if just plays ad after ad?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bradleygt
Local Performer

The model # is 49UH6100-UH. I don't know the year but the serial # is 604RMUY40278 if that helps. Yes, it is connected via WiFi.

I just tried to open the app again and it does the same thing. It thinks for a while. Then plays an ad.  Then it says loading and eventually plays another ad and keeps repeating this cycle. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Bradleygt

Can you do me one last favor and power cycle your modem / router. 

1. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  2. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  3. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If you're able to, connect to your TV with an ethernet cable and let me know if the same thing happens.

In the meantime, I've created a ticket and passed your info along to our engineering team for a closer look at what be happening. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bradleygt
Local Performer

Tanner, I connected my TV to my PC with an HDMI like you suggested and it worked just fine. Now I've got it on Wi-Fi and it's working fine! I don't know why but I'll take it! Thanks for your help!

One more question for you. I just installed the Pandora app on my smart TV upstairs in my bedroom which is also on Wi-Fi and it works fine but I can't find the Shuffle option. It shows all my saved stations but it looks totally different than what it looks like on all my other devices. How can I get that shuffle option?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Bradleygt! 🙌🏻 🎉Glad to hear it's working for you again with this set-up. My original suggestion was to connect the TV to the internet directly with an Ethernet cable if possible. But it sounds like this is working for you. I'll still follow up with our engineering team about the ticket I created since this is still an odd experience. 

For your TV upstairs, can you try to filter your station list by A-Z. It should either appear at the top of the station list or it will be under "Shuffle Station" in your station list. Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos