cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Room Echo skips song periodically

nilsene
Underground

While having my Echos shuffle my stations on my "everywhere" multi speaker group, every now and then a song will play half way through, then skip. It has been doing this for a while, but just noticed it doesn't skip on all the Echo's.  I've tried all the basic Echo troubleshooting steps.  I unplugged them all and the router and cable internet for around 5 minutes.  Plugged in the internet modem.  Waited for the lights to settle.  Plugged in the Wifi Router.  Verified wifi was on via speedtest connection on my phone.  Plugged in all the echo's.  Waited for them to all be online and tested again.  Same issues.

Multi-Room setup:

1 Stereo Pair of Echo Gen 3's in Room A, 1 Echo Gen 3 in Room B, 1 Echo Dot Gen 2 plugged into a sound bar in Room C and 1 Echo Gen 3 in Room D.

A couple examples: When the songs skip, the Echo Gen 3 in Room B is still playing the song, all the rest have skipped to the next song.  This is just a sample... Sometimes the song on one of the stereo pair echo's will skip while the other one is still playing the old song.  Seems to happen most on specific types of songs.  Not sure if it is related to the playlist/station it is currently playing via the shuffle that is having the issue?

This does not happen when playing my apple music libraries or any of my Amazon playlists. So, I believe it is related to the Pandora Skill on the Echos.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @nilsene , thanks for posting your experience to community and sorry to hear about the skipping on your Echo Dots. 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket to pass on to our engineers for further investigation into this. Can you let me know if you've tried any of the standard troubleshooting from our Help Page?

Thanks again for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nilsene
Underground

Yes, I did try all the troubleshooting.  I have verified that all Echo's are on the current version.  All are on the same network and same frequency on that same network. I have disconnected all of the Echo's from my account and reconnected.  Did a full factory reset on all of them and reconnected to my account and to the network. Also deleted and rebuilt all the multi-room groups.

TannerPandora

@nilsene  Thanks for the follow up!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nilsene
Underground

I've tried a little more troubleshooting.  Including just using a single speaker, and have noticed it still skips songs after about half way through.  The oddest was when listening only on my stereo pair.... It seemed to unpair them and each one was playing a different song.  Saying next song would resync them.  Basically determining that Pandora and Alexa may not be suited for each other, so I'm going to let my premium membership lapse and just go back to the free one, as it really isn't working for me in the current buggy state.