cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Samsung TV

Monicag
Local Performer

App won’t play music on Samsung smart TV. I’ve deleted and reinstalled app 3 times, songs/ads don’t play but they skip randomly.

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Julie49
Local Performer

Here's a fix I discovered.  Go to Setting>>General>>Network>>Expert Settings and then turn IPv6 off.  See if Pandora works (It did for me.)

Yes, IPv6 is supposed to be the Internet standard, but the app writers seemed to have missed this. 

I haven't noticed any problems or degradation of output, oicture or sound, by doing this.  But if wiser folks want to chime in, I'll listen.

View solution in original post

Bogybob
Underground

I have a new Samsung TV which won't play sound with the Pandora app either. I play all TV sound through an Onkyo A/V receiver, and I've accidently discovered  a way to get sound with Pandora! Here's what works for me:  

1) Turn on receiver and choose the NET function either manually or with your receiver remote.

2) Turn on your TV.  It will take a moment for the TV to "initialize" (connect to) the network.

3) A list of Apps will appear on your TV.

4) Using the TV remote's "SELECT" function, toggle down to the Pandora App and SELECT it. A list of all your radio stations will appear on your TV.

5) Using the TV remote's SELECT function again, toggle up or down to SELECT the radio station you wish to play.

6) Use the RETURN button to get back to your station list, and repeat Step 5 to choose another station.

Some variation of this should get Pandora sound if you're TV sound runs through a receiver to your speakers.

Captaindave
Local Performer

The Pandora App on my 4 year old Samsung has never given me any problems before now and I had the same issue as most others on here with no sound.  I performed every check I could find and nothing worked, reboots, delete and reinstall, .......... you name it.  Last hope was the IPv6 suggestion and sure enough, turned it off and everything works great again.  Thanks a bunch for the help, sure wish I had tried that first😀

126 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Monicag Sorry to hear about the trouble on your TV. Here's a couple of things to try: 

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Second, if you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Monicag
Local Performer

No it has not. The most I was able to listen to was half a song on my TV. I try every morning and no sound. 

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know @Monicag 

I'd like to let our engineers know. I've gone ahead passed your info along for further investigation into this. 

Sorry for the inconvenience! We really apprecaite your patience in the meantime. ❤️

0 Kudos

grayyell11
Local Performer

Ive had the same issues as the individual above and have tried all of your troubleshooting steps to no avail. I also have a Samsung Smart TV. I am following up to see if your engineers have found a solution? Judging by several other peoples issues, it looks like most of the "troubleshooting" being done is a copied and pasted suggestion to reinstall the app and then direct connect to the router in liu of WI fi.

0 Kudos

Julie49
Local Performer

I just purchased a Samsung UN40N5200 Smart TV.  I uploaded the Pandora app and logged in.  My stations came up, but when I tried to hear any music, no sound was delivered.  The screen indicates the name of the tune and vertical bars near the top of the screen indicate that the tune is playing.  However, the time listing and progress bar beneath the song title and image show no movement.

This is a software issue in the app.  Other apps play through fine (e.g., Spotify.)  I initially tried all the resets and reboots, deleted and reinstalled the app, verified updated software, all to no avail.  After spending hours with Samsung's tech support they said the problem seems to be on your end. 

This is very disappointing.  I expected better vetting of the apps you put your name on.

Julie49
Local Performer

Here's a fix I discovered.  Go to Setting>>General>>Network>>Expert Settings and then turn IPv6 off.  See if Pandora works (It did for me.)

Yes, IPv6 is supposed to be the Internet standard, but the app writers seemed to have missed this. 

I haven't noticed any problems or degradation of output, oicture or sound, by doing this.  But if wiser folks want to chime in, I'll listen.

JackWWalsh
Local Performer

Same problem and frustration here w/ RU7100.  Ethernet connection, firmware update, reinstall app, etc.  Pandora login succesful, dots move at top of screen, but no countdown of song clock and no sound.  Every other app from Samsung seems to work fine.

One other commenter suggested IPv6 change but I don't have that option within network settings.

Obviously a problem specific to Pandora App - perhaps there's a workaround with modem/router setup?

franco
Local Performer

I purchased a UN65RU8000FXZA with the same problem, the pandora app has no audio. I dont have the IPv6 option. I will be returning the tv and purchase one tv that everything works 

samsung should be chomping on Pandora's behind for their app not working. I am shocked you havent been able to resolve this issue. Black eye for Pandora

@Monicag wrote:

App won’t play music on Samsung smart TV. I’ve deleted and reinstalled app 3 times, songs/ads don’t play but they skip randomly.

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @franco @JackWWalsh. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, and your feedback. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble as well.

Pandora Supported Devices: Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora features.

However, you should be able to listen from your device if that device is supported. All supported devices can be found here.

++

Troubleshooting: If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps to troubleshoot the Pandora app on your Samsung TV device.

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes, and whether the issue persists. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Bogybob
Underground

OK, boys and girls; the new Samsung is hooked up via ethernet cable exactly like the 5 year old one moved to another room.  Old Samsung now uses wifi, and plays Pandora perfectly.  This has got to be a software glitch in the new TV.  Has anybody contacted Samsung of America directly yet?  Has anyone found a work around?  This is BS if Samsung engineering hasn't come up with a fix.  They can have this new set back and I'll buy an LG.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bogybob Welcome to community! I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you have a similar issue on your Samsung TV. 

I'd recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps in @AlyssaPandora post. You can find them by clicking here

If you continue to run into trouble, I'd like to report this to our engineers. Can you let me know the following:

1. Which Samsung model is this?
  2. Which firmware version do you have? (To find this press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. The Firmware Version will be displayed to the right.)

Thanks for the help! 🎧

0 Kudos

Bogybob
Underground

Tanner,

OK, to repeat myself, other than the new Samsung TV, ALL of my devices play Pandora:  my older Samsung TV, Iphones 6 & 8, my IpadAir, my PC, and both cars using either Iphone.  

My older Samsung TV had been connected the the internet via ethernet cable, now its just wifi, and plays Pandora and all other apps just great.  The NEW Samsung TV is connected to the internet with ethernet cable, and plays all other apps just fine.

I have rebooted the router/modem; no change.  

I have gone through the activation process too many times to no avail.  

Note:  I changed the password by logging into Pandora.com on my PC, and updated the Pandora password on the new TV.  The new TV WILL NOT keep the updated password registered.  When I sign into Pandora again and go to settings/profile, there's the old passowrd again.  I've done this numerous times by reactivating Pandora.  Wasting my time.  I have briefly heard music play on occassion; but as soon as I change stations...gone.

Here's all the info about this TV:

Software Version:  1335

Model: QN65Q70RAFXZA

SN: 08Z3CMA1070P

TV KEY DEVICE ID: 0000000207c3b706

SOFTWARE VERSION: T_MSMAKUS-1335.0, B0970101/070104,BT-S

STATUS CODE: 10101_Z_HC6

SUB-micom Version: T-MMINTV-1013

So, Tanner, I'm about done with this.  I need someone at Samsung and/or Pandora who can make it their life's work to either make their app work or replace the TV.  My wife and I are big fans of Pandora (check our usage stats), but we want to hear it through our upscale sound system in the living room, not on the little speakers on our other devices or just in the cars.

bogybob

Bogybob
Underground

I have a new Samsung TV which won't play sound with the Pandora app either. I play all TV sound through an Onkyo A/V receiver, and I've accidently discovered  a way to get sound with Pandora! Here's what works for me:  

1) Turn on receiver and choose the NET function either manually or with your receiver remote.

2) Turn on your TV.  It will take a moment for the TV to "initialize" (connect to) the network.

3) A list of Apps will appear on your TV.

4) Using the TV remote's "SELECT" function, toggle down to the Pandora App and SELECT it. A list of all your radio stations will appear on your TV.

5) Using the TV remote's SELECT function again, toggle up or down to SELECT the radio station you wish to play.

6) Use the RETURN button to get back to your station list, and repeat Step 5 to choose another station.

Some variation of this should get Pandora sound if you're TV sound runs through a receiver to your speakers.

Flywithpants
Local Performer

I've been struggling with this problem for 6 months and this actually worked. I did however turn off the IP6V and used the toggle suggestion. My dogs thank you as much as I do!

sandycmcmillen
Local Performer

I stayed on hold for 20 min, while on hold I checked this out and the above info is correct!!! Thank You Julie49🙌🏼🤗😃🎶🎵🎸🎺🎻🎼

Jared1
Local Performer

Both of my older Samsung flat screen TV's played Pandora just fine. When I upgraded to two new 4K Samsung Flat Screen TV's neither one would work right. I had the exact same problem with the sound as described by others about breaking up, not playing at all or skipping 5 or 6 songs then playing one. Then I did exactly what Julie49 suggested, go to Settings>General>Network>Expert Settings and turn off IPv6 and they both work perfectly now. I have been enjoying them both all day as I'm working around my apartment being self quarantined due to Covid-19.

0 Kudos

Captaindave
Local Performer

The Pandora App on my 4 year old Samsung has never given me any problems before now and I had the same issue as most others on here with no sound.  I performed every check I could find and nothing worked, reboots, delete and reinstall, .......... you name it.  Last hope was the IPv6 suggestion and sure enough, turned it off and everything works great again.  Thanks a bunch for the help, sure wish I had tried that first😀

dkirk56
Local Performer

Where is this IP6V and what is it?  I saw one post on how to get to it but it wasn't there.  Very frustrating and ready to just cancel my subscription

Thank you in advance for any help, both of my tv's are samsung and new

TannerPandora

Hi @dkirk56 thanks for posting. 

IPv6 should be found with the following steps from the post above: Setting>General>Network>Expert Settings

However, if you haven't already, I would like to start with some more basic troubleshooting steps for your Samsung TV. 

Please check out my post here

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos