cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Devices: Pandora no longer connects to receiver

lmlock
Local Performer

My Onkyo receiver has stopped connecting with Pandora internet radio.  I connected the receiver with a cable to my router and it still will not connect.  The error message is “The server connection could not be established “.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
179 Replies

normb
Local Performer

I have noticed that my Onkyo TX-NR809 now works with Pandora.  Mostly.  I have learned that some of the Onkyo network connected functions require one to depress the NET key on the remote control before changing Pandora stations or liking a song.  What it does not do anymore is show the Pandora channel/station that is has auto-started....The display just says Pandora XXXX Radio.  I have to depress NET and then select a channel/station.  Way back, it would show the station it started playing.

0 Kudos

dh22207
Local Performer

Having same issue others reported where use of Pandora locks Onkyo receiver.  Seems fox is to have Pandora support remove the device association.  Can you please do that for my account?  Hoping this will fix issue.  Thanks 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dh22207!

I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, it should log you out. If it doesn't, you may need to power cycle your Onkyo by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. Then plug it back it and try Pandora once more.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kcpandora1
Local Performer

This did not fix my issue.  Curated stations still cause the receiver to hang and require a power cycle to get it to work again.  non-curated stations work fine.  

0 Kudos

bstockinger
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

I'm having the same issue described above with my Onkyo receiver.  

Could you please remove the device association on my account as well?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bstockinger! I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile but I don't see an Onkyo connected. Is it possible that you may have another Pandora account?

If not, then the Onkyo may be in some weird state. Can you first try power cycling your receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. Then plug it back it and try again.

If that doesn't help, you may have to perform a factory reset on your Onkyo. Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Hofjar
Local Performer

Like many others, I had trouble launching pandora for a couple years on my Onkyo TXNR616 but could usually resolve by killing power to the receiver and restarting... except it would never play one of my stations "country music radio", now it won't play at all, gives me an error on my onkyo app saying server connection timeout error. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hofjar I've removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you should be automatically logged out. Please note that this may not happen instantaneously, so please be patient.

If you continue to have trouble, please try power cycling your receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and then try once more.

0 Kudos

Mjfalk43
Local Performer

Adam

My having the same problem my tx rz 720 isnt connecting with pandora.

I have to use bluetooth and my cell to get it to play now

I have a Onkyo TX-Rz720 that will no longer connect To Pandora Radio. The unit just said on both the main unit and the remote other speakers (Request to backend service failed)freezes at connecting. I have to shut the receiver off in order get out of the "connecting status".  I have updated the units firmware, reset modem, router and receiver.  I also logged out and back into my Pandora account. I do have another Onkyo receiver in the house, different model, and everything works fine.  The unit is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mjfalk43! Welcome to community, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Onkyo.

I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. This should automatically log you out. If not, you may need to power cycle your device by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. Once you've been logged out, please try connecting to Pandora once again.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bngill
Local Performer

I have a similar issue. My favorite station Hipster Cocktail Party no longer connects on my Onkyo TX-NR414. It’s displays “connecting” and nothing else happens. I have rebooted router and receiver reinstalled app on phone, “Clear”ed receiver etc. any suggestions? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bngill! I can remove your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. This will automatically log you out and you'll need to log back in. This will create a new connection and hopefully get you back in.

If you're okay with me doing this, I'll remove your Onkyo connection from my end. Let me know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bngill
Local Performer

Yes. Please do and let me know when completed. Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bngill!

Sounds good! I've gone ahead and removed the Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. This can take awhile to take affect, but you should be logged out automatically once it does. If after awhile you don't notice a change, I would power cycle your Onkyo by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and then try and log in again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bngill
Local Performer

I tried all possible resets of Onkyo tuner my router my phone reinstalled Onkyo app but I still can’t get some of the stations to play. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bngill! It's possible that these are curated stations, which may not be compatible with your Onkyo. Since individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora app, some devices may lack these newer features for stations.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

fwd55
Local Performer

Hi Tanner!  I am having problems connecting my Onkyo as well, would it be possible to disassociate it from my account please?  Thanks.  Rick

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @fwd55

Looks like you may have already had all your device connections removed. If you're still having trouble, I recommend power cycling your Onkyo by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, and then try again. If  that doesn't help, I'd try a factory reset.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JK9963
Local Performer

Hello,

After doing the troubleshooting steps in these posts, it looks like you need to remove the device association from my Pandora account.  I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR676.  The messege when I try to use Pandora (app already installed on the Onkyo device) is a "Connection Error".   Other apps seem to connect but I need Pandora.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JK9963! Welcome to community.

Consider it done - I've gone ahead and removed your Onkyo connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect you should be logged out. If nothing appears to have changed, I would power cycling your Onkyo again, this should help.

Once you're powered back up, try logging into Pandora again. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos