cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Extremely Slow on Samsung TV

Calico739
Underground

Hopefully someone can help me as I really like Pandora (when it works).

I have the Pandora App (Ver 1.08701  2018/06/23) installed on my Samsung TV. The Samsung TV software version is 2230. Both software versions are the latest as near as I can tell. Pandora sometimes takes up to an hour to fully load on the TV and then quite often it is prohibitively slow when changing stations or executing other commands from the remote control.

I have uninstalled Pandora and reinstalled it several times to no avail. The problem happens no matter if I'm connected via WiFi or by LAN cable. I can stream Amazon Prime movies on the same TV and same WiFi with no problem. I have even called Samsung tech support who remotely logged on to the TV and they say there is no problem with the TV.

Can anyone suggest a solution ?

Is there a more recent Pandora version for Samsung TV that for some reason is not available to the Samsung App store ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Steve

7 Replies

@Calico739  I can direct you in the right path for your problems you are unfortunately having. At the very bottom of this screen you will see a black section, within that are options. To the far right you will see the HELP option. Click on that. After doing so it will bring you into a new screen where you can choose the right troubleshoot for your problem. I wish you the very best. Take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Calico739
Underground

Thank you mohempstead. I did as you suggested but the Help area does not seem to address issues with Samsung TVs. 

Can you suggest anything else for me to try ?

--Steve

@Calico739  I will see what I can find, give me sometime. I will do what I can to get you in the right direction. BRB..

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

@Calico739 , this is what I found for your Samsung T.V. 

1. Launch Pandora and select Log In.
  2. You will see the activation screen, with the activation code.  Make sure to keep the activation code screen up on your device until the following steps are complete.
  3. If you'd like to activate your device from the web, visit this activation page and enter the activation code. To activate your device from your mobile phone instead, open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code.
  4. Finally, select Continue on your device.
  5. This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update.

To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update.

If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung TV.

If you're still having the same problem, then try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
    • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link

@Calico739 , I realize there are many steps you must do in order to get your app running right. May I suggest you do the software up-date first. But before you do, I would delete your Pandora app, then do the software up-date, then of course do a re-install of your Pandora app. I hope this helps you. If this does not, then please feel free and reach out again. I will see what more digging up I can do. I also found this,  Contact Support (pandora.com) this link has a direct contact for e-mail. If need be reach to me again and I'll see what I can do for you. You take care and stay safe.  
MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Calico739
Underground

mohempstead thank you again for your reply but your suggestions were not helpful or appropriate.

I couldn't get past your Step 1 because there is no way to "select Log In". The Samsung TV Model 5500 logs me in automatically. When Pandora tries to launch I immediately get this error message: "Error Encountered please try again later" When I hit "OK" (which is all it allows me to do) it continues and it says "Loading . . . " .  It will be in this loading mode for an hour or more. There are 3 icons in the upper left corner but I can not navigate to them using the remote when it is "Loading". These icons are a music symbol, an arrow and a gear. When it finally does load (if it loads at all) I can select any of the icons. If I select the gear icon it will tell me I'm logged in and show me my email address.

As for the other items on your list I have rebooted my modem, uninstalled Pandora, re-installed Pandora and ensured that the TV software is the latest by way of the auto-update check box. See my original post for the software revisions.

I can see no way to view the activation code that you mention and I have contacted Samsung tech support and they say there is nothing wrong with the TV and have said there is probably a problem with the "Pandora Servers".

Can you suggest ideas specific to the Samsung 5500 smart TV to fix this problem ? Thanks.

--Steve

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Thanks so much for providing some tips to help with the troubleshooting process.

++

Hi, @Calico739. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. In the meantime, I've passed along all of the information you've provided to our engineering team.

Could you also share you internet / cable service provider?

Let me know as I'd like to add this to the internal ticket we have open. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@Calico739 , I'm sorry none of these troubleshooting steps helped you. I have looked across the net for troubleshooting steps for your Samsung model t.v.  I have been looking even now to try and help you with this frustrating situation. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska