cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora on Roku dead when pausing on an ad

ajgray7
Underground

Roku Express 4k+ version 12.5.5 build 4174-E4 - if I'm listening to a pandora channel and I happen to pause on an ad, and then hit the home screen button - next time I go to that Pandora channel, I get no playback.  Screen is mostly blank, I can cursor up to "My Stations" and "Search" and select a different channel, and it plays back fine.  Returning to the stuck channel, and it's still stuck.  Tried signing out and back in, signing out and uninstall/reinstall - none of these helped.  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Thanks, @ajgray7

Consider it done. This should take affect soon, but it's sometimes nice to wait a few hours just to be sure. You'll automatically be logged out when it does take affect.

I also requested two days of complimentary Plus be added to your account. This will give you a temporary ad-free experience, and may help pull those stations out of the state their in.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ajgray7 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Roku. To clarify, you can start another station on Pandora and playback is fine, but returning to the station you paused on no longer plays the station and it appears frozen?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ajgray7
Underground

You are exactly correct.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Great, thanks @ajgray7 

Can you let me know the name of the station?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help me review. I know you mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling, but let's try a reboot of your Roku.

You can use the following steps:

1. Press the Home button 5 times.
  2. Press the Up arrow once.
  3. Press the Rewind button twice.
  4. Press the Fast Forward button twice.

The restart will begin, though it may take a few seconds.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ajgray7
Underground

There are two - Andy Hunter Radio and The Girl from Ipanema Radio and that reboot did not help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ajgray7

Thanks for letting me know. I did a review of the two stations you mentioned and I don't see anything wrong overall. So I'd like to try a couple of more things.

First, I'd like to remove your Pandora account connection with your Roku device from my end to see if that will help improve the experience.

If you're okay with this, I'll go ahead and remove the connection. When this takes affect you'll be automatically logged out and will need to log back in. Then try Pandora once more.

Let me know if you're okay with my doing this. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ajgray7
Underground

I'll try anything... go for it

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks, @ajgray7

Consider it done. This should take affect soon, but it's sometimes nice to wait a few hours just to be sure. You'll automatically be logged out when it does take affect.

I also requested two days of complimentary Plus be added to your account. This will give you a temporary ad-free experience, and may help pull those stations out of the state their in.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ajgray7
Underground

OK - I was still stuck, but I played one of my working stations, and switched to a broken one during playback, and the song from the old station still showed up in the display, where I could push Play and play the song from the wrong station.  When the song finished, it started playing things from the correct station, so I'm back in business!  Thanks for the help

TannerPandora

So glad to hear it, @ajgray7! Happy listening! 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos