cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora "Artist Only" options for Roku TV.

Randoo53
Local Performer

Hello.
I hope I am posting this in the proper place...
I just set up a new Pandora account. (the free version)
I figured how to get Pandora on my Roku TV and I set up my first channel for my wife. (She likes Elton John, don't judge) 
Anyhow, I tried looking into how to get it so she can listen to JUST Elton John, as we have heard exactly ONE song by him in over half an hour now.  I read that I have to have a premium service to get this to work, but I noticed there is Pandora Plus and Premium.  Can I make her channel an Artist Only channel if I go with Plus? Or...do I have to go to Premium?
Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Randoo53 Nice to see you around the community. 😄

Artist Only Mode on Roku TV:

Pandora Modes (including the Artist Only Mode) is currently not available on Roku TV.

I'd recommend checking out the existing feature request for this and adding your feedback: Pandora Modes on Other Devices

Don't forget to ❤️, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap.

Pandora Premium on Roku TV:

If she upgrades her account to Pandora Premium, she will have the option of streaming content on-demand.

So although there won't be an Artist Only option when streaming her regular Elton John station, she will still be able to search and play specific albums/songs by him.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yoshi
Diamond in the Rough

No judging, Elton John is awesoome

-If you think about it, the brain named itself...-
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Randoo53 Nice to see you around the community. 😄

Artist Only Mode on Roku TV:

Pandora Modes (including the Artist Only Mode) is currently not available on Roku TV.

I'd recommend checking out the existing feature request for this and adding your feedback: Pandora Modes on Other Devices

Don't forget to ❤️, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap.

Pandora Premium on Roku TV:

If she upgrades her account to Pandora Premium, she will have the option of streaming content on-demand.

So although there won't be an Artist Only option when streaming her regular Elton John station, she will still be able to search and play specific albums/songs by him.

Hope this helps! 

D2andMar
Local Performer

Hi, I agree with Adam.… I too would greatly appreciate having Artist only station on my TV Pandora via ROKU.  I have the free Pandora, (on limited income), and would like to have the artist-only option. I can get it “free” on my phone, but I enjoy hearing Pandora without carrying my phone with me, as I move about my house.  Please consider offering this free to us Seniors or handicapped or both.  Thanks so much for your consideration 

karl_h
Local Performer

I think the experience should be the same regardless of the app.  I love the "top songs" by artist on my android and really miss it on my Roku.  So much so, that I sometimes just stream from my phone.

0 Kudos