cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay subscription won't transfer to Apple TV

MiguelGrande
Local Performer

I just switched to an ad free paid subscription with Pandora (30 day free to begin with). That change is not transferring to my Apple TV (4th generation), where I want to use it. On the Apple TV Pandora app, at Settings, it displayed my email address, but had a different password, which I could tell by the number of characters.  I tried changing the password to what I have on the web account, and it doesn't take, goes back to the original one. I tried a soft and hard restart, deleting and re-uploading the Pandora app.  Then, I changed my email address for my account (on the website) to different one, tried again to put in the correct password (asked twice) on the Apple TV app, and it continues to revert to this other one, one I never used with this current email address.  Could this be the Apple ID password, even with a different email address?  Anyway, nothing seems to work.  Maybe I'll give it a little time, but any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MiguelGrande Our support team has enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

"Soft restart" the app:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select System.
  3. Then select Restart.

"Hard restart" the app:

1. Users with Aluminum or White Apple Remotes can restart the app by holding down the Menu and Down buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.
  2. Users with Siri Remotes or Apple TV remotes should hold down the Display and Menu buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.

If you're still having trouble, make sure you have the latest update of the Pandora app by going to the App Store, searching Pandora and selecting Update if you see it.

If Pandora still doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app as follows: Go to your home screen and click and hold the Pandora icon until it starts wiggling, then click Play/Pause to delete the app.

Next, open the App Store, search for Pandora, and click the Get arrow.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are still seeing ads after running through those troubleshooting steps and confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos