cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing Pandora on Sonos using Alexa

areito
Underground

Hi all,

I created a Pandora Station using the Pandora App called "Good Morning Radio".

If I tell Alexa: Alexa, play "Good Mornig Radio" in living room"  Alexa confirms playing  "Good Morning Radio" in living room and the music start playing. But overnight seems that Alexa or Sonos forget about the Radio Station.

If I request Alexa to play my favorite station, she answers : Playing Pandora Good Morning Radio in living room. What do you want to play ? That goes on  in circles. My workaround is to use either the Sonos App or ask Alexa to play "Radio 7" (a TuneIn Radio on sonos and then request again "Good Morning Radio".

That is kind of annoying. Any idea what to do.

Regards

areito

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @areito Thanks for posting!

I checked your Pandora account and I see "Guten Morgen Radio", are you requesting the station in English or in German? While Alexa does recognize German she might have trouble if the language selection is set to English. 

Can you let me know the exact voice command you are using to request the station? Additionally, I enabled a trace on your account, when you get a chance, if you can reproduce this action while the trace is enabled would be very helpful. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

areito
Underground

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for answering late.

Alexa is set to German language and I use the following wording:

Alexa, spiele Guten Morgen Radio auf Esszimmer ab. Means: Alexa play Guten Morgen Radio in the living room.

During the day Alexa will confirm: Playing Guten Morgen Radio Pandora..... and starts playing.

But after several hours in the morning Alexa will say: Playing Guten Morgen Radio Pandora.....What do you want to listen ?

As workaround  I ask Alexa to play the Tune-in station Radio 7 Ulm which she will do. Finally I can request to play the Guten Morgen Radio

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @areito! No problem - thanks for following-up.

That's definitely an interesting experience with Pandora and Alexa.

I've enabled a trace on your account, would you mind replicating this issue for me and letting me know the date/time this happened. I'd like to take a closer look at what may be happening. 

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

areito
Underground

I will try tomorrow and let you know.

areito
Underground

Hi until today between 9:50 and 10 am I was able to try again. And it did not work out. I had to use my workaround. Could you please look into it. Thanks.

0 Kudos

jld
Local Performer

I have this exact same problem.  This only happens for me with Pandora and Alexa on my Sonos.  If I use other music services this does not happen.  I believe it may be a software issue with the Alexa skill.

0 Kudos

Padinaz
Local Performer

I have talked with Alexa customer support and they say it’s a Pandora problem

0 Kudos