cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/18/20: Sonos asking for activation code

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/20/20: As we've received several confirmations that this issue is now resolved, I am closing the thread from comments. I appreciate everyone who took the time to report the issue and also confirm that the fix resolved the issue.

If this issue comes up in the future, please create a new thread and reference this one. Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Pandora Update 4/18/20: We've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Labels (1)
106 Replies

Bsheff
Local Performer

Same here. It told me on my sonus app earlier there was no internet connection and it continued for several hours. Every other internet device or app worked fine.so after removing everything and starting over, I tried to add pandora back to sonus and I need anew activation code but it’s not generating one. I get an error message that the activation code is not valid.

0 Kudos

arnott10
Local Performer

Same here.  The Sonos app won't provide this authorization code Pandora says it needs for step 1 of 3.  So frustrating!  

MadMax123
Local Performer

Me Too !!

0 Kudos

fmanley2
Local Performer

I am locked out of using Pandora on my Sonos system.  Sonos asks for the Pandora app to be reauthorized using a code that should be displayed by my device.  I cannot locate that code.  

I click through the screen 'reauthorize', only to be asked to enter the code on my device.  There is no code.  The advice when no code is showing is to open the pandora app and look for a code.  There is no method to request a new code.

Does anyone have advice?    Thanks.

elginmeredith
Local Performer

There is no activation code for Step 1 od setting up your SONOS. How do you set up the SONOS account on your iPhone without the activation code?  

0 Kudos

LS6498
Local Performer

I got a new Tv and my Sonos Pandora stopped working. It wants me to authorize my account and I’m going in circles. 

Normana400
Local Performer

I think the activation code for pandora is broken. My previously activated Sonos is asking for an activation code and there is none to find. Everyone the pandora app doesn’t show an activation code

kennick11
Local Performer

I am also trying to get a code to activate on my sonos and nothing appears. Any solutions

0 Kudos

BethMarks
Local Performer

Me too.

0 Kudos

Gebay72
Local Performer

When i go into my Sonos app it's now telling me i need to reauthorize my Pandora account.. it's telling me to enter an activation code. How do i get that code? 

Dlego
Local Performer

I have exact same issue. Please help!

mjackley
Local Performer

Having the EXACT same problem! 

elginmeredith
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Pandora will not work with my SONOS app on my iPhone. 

0 Kudos

edbrame
Underground

All of a sudden my Pandora on my Sonos went dead. It is asking for an activation code which I do not know. 

0 Kudos

Filmblanc
Local Performer

How/where do I find my activation code? Need it to add Pandora to Sonos. Some instructions say to open App and select New User and then go from there. Where's New User? Can't find it anywhere.

tnacty
Local Performer

Same issue here today.  As odd as it sounds, I'm glad I'm not the only one

0 Kudos

edbrame
Underground

I am not trying to do anything new. I use Pandora on my Sonos and it went dead. Now it asks for an activation code which I do not know.

hankkimbell
Underground

This has to be a class problem with Pandora given all the folks that chimed in.  I never put in an activation code becuase when I was looking for one, l went to Pandora, and all my stuff was back.  However, this is the way to the code from Pandora: 

To manage your notifications, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to Pandora Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Thanks for being a Pandora Community member.

Your Pandora Community Team

0 Kudos

Rm0044
Local Performer

Same issue started  about 2 hours ago.

0 Kudos

tbelavi
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. When I went to the sonos site there is a way to see if they are having an issue with any services. This said there is a major issue with pandora on sonos. My pandora was working perfectly and went dead around 1pm PST..

Here's what I found on sonos site: https://status.sonos.com/