cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/18/20: Sonos asking for activation code

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/20/20: As we've received several confirmations that this issue is now resolved, I am closing the thread from comments. I appreciate everyone who took the time to report the issue and also confirm that the fix resolved the issue.

If this issue comes up in the future, please create a new thread and reference this one. Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Pandora Update 4/18/20: We've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Labels (1)
106 Replies

Bunnellt
Local Performer
Me too
0 Kudos

Hackercpa
Local Performer

Been playing pandora on my Sonos system for years. It stopped playing today. Went back to my Sonos app to restart it - told me my Pandora account needs to be reauthorized. Step 1 requires an activation key. Where do I get a key, and why do I need this after all these years?

kennick11
Local Performer
Me Too
0 Kudos

rrivas427
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, this is such bull**ahem**.  I'll start using Spotify if this continues.  Cant find a solution for this anywhere.

0 Kudos

bt2uaoa
Local Performer

Same thing for me.  Sonos with Pandora running as a service quit in the middle of the day today.  It is now asking me for a Device Activation Code.  I've searched this site and have tried all recommendations for resolving this and nothing works.  I can no longer play my Pandora over my Sonos.  If I can't do this, there is no need for me to retain my Pandora subscription.  I have seen multiple posts on here where a lot of people are having the same problem.  PLEASE ADVISE.

Sincerely,

William

0 Kudos

nacra1017
Local Performer

Same issue here, it just did this an hour ago or so. I'm guessing they're having some sort of system problems.

0 Kudos

Drcham
Local Performer

Sonos is asking for an activation

0 Kudos

jbird55044
Local Performer

Ditto.   No music without some ambiguous code!

London100
Local Performer
Same here
0 Kudos

tyguy1076
Local Performer

I'm trying to do the same thing and I can't seem to find a stinking activation code.  C'mon Pandora/Sonos!  Help!!

Ekirchhofer
Local Performer

Same happened for me too

Skantor
Local Performer

Having the same problem.

At least this sounds like a Pandora problem and not Sonos

0 Kudos

ChrisS
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. Hopefully someone can help us.

thanks

0 Kudos

apoutiatine
Local Performer

Same issue. Please fix this Pandora! No code anywhere, locked out on Sonos.

0 Kudos

Hippiechic86
Local Performer

Exactly why I am here! Same issue, just started!

0 Kudos

Granbery
Local Performer

Same problem!  Can't find anyone to help!

karlz
Local Performer

Same. Having a bit of cabin fever here... Do I need to find a new music service?

0 Kudos

Hannon35
Local Performer

This is not working

Same **ahem** is happening to me. And I’ve logged in several times. And no I’m not good to go!

0 Kudos

Itzgreg
Local Performer

Me too

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/18/20: Hi all -- we've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts