cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/18/20: Sonos asking for activation code

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/20/20: As we've received several confirmations that this issue is now resolved, I am closing the thread from comments. I appreciate everyone who took the time to report the issue and also confirm that the fix resolved the issue.

If this issue comes up in the future, please create a new thread and reference this one. Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Pandora Update 4/18/20: We've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

106 Replies

hankkimbell
Underground

I'm not able to connect to my Pandora account through my Sonos application, although I can through my laptop.  Any suggestions.  All my other input sources work on Sonos, so I'm not sure if this is a Sonos problem or a Pandora problem.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

tsevillano
Local Performer

Having the same issue as of a couple hours ago.  Just stopped playing and now i can't connect

faklis
Local Performer

Sonos

hankkimbell
Underground

I sent an email to Pandora support.  Then my pandora screen came up and said I had to reactivat the pandora account on that device, but when I selected Pandora to get the code, all my stuff was back, so now I'm good.  I don't know if someone at the headquarters reactivated it or my reception of the station came back online.  All else worked OK.  Mystery fix.

0 Kudos

Whitney613
Local Performer

I've been experiencing the same thing, but it won't send me an activation code.

It's like a self-licking ice cream cone; I'm going around in circles...

0 Kudos

martygood92101
Local Performer

same here !

0 Kudos

ironmick
Local Performer

Same problem as the others-Sonos quit a few hours ago and I can't reauthorize.  What's up????? 

0 Kudos

sverlind23
Local Performer

This afternoon my Sonos won't work with Pandora.  I have Pandora on the phone and tried to remove and relog in but Sonos keeps saying i need an authorization code for the phone and to get it from my device.  I cannot get it from my phone.  What is the issues?

ironmick
Local Performer

Says reauthorize Pandora account.  "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account"  Need an activation code-what and where do I get one?

0 Kudos

robe8153
Local Performer

I have the same issue with Sonos on my iPad which is integrated into the Crestron system.  I never had to reauthorize before 

0 Kudos

Odedz5
Local Performer

No activation code is displayed anywhere

robe8153
Local Performer

Same problem.  Pandora disappeared from sonos.  When I try to reconnect I get a prompt to input an activation code which I don't have.  Help!!

0 Kudos

kevinedwards
Local Performer

I am now required to reauthorize my Pandora account for our Sono speaker system, I got my activation code but it doesn't work

0 Kudos

chelleswim
Local Performer

Need an activation code to link my pandora with Sonos

hartzells99
Local Performer

I am having the same issue - very frustrating after using pandore on Sonos for years.

0 Kudos

jstory
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue here. Just started a few hours ago.

0 Kudos

King
Local Performer

any solutions ?

0 Kudos

drvera
Local Performer

Nope.  I have had Sonos music system in my home for three years.  Today Sonos said I needed to reactivate Pandora. Where is the activation code?

Thank you,  Dr. Vera Jacobson

MadMax123
Local Performer

I still cant find an activation code to use on my Sonos