cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/18/20: Sonos asking for activation code

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/20/20: As we've received several confirmations that this issue is now resolved, I am closing the thread from comments. I appreciate everyone who took the time to report the issue and also confirm that the fix resolved the issue.

If this issue comes up in the future, please create a new thread and reference this one. Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Pandora Update 4/18/20: We've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Labels (1)
106 Replies

Receptionist12
Local Performer

Any luck??

0 Kudos

Heatherella33
Local Performer

Hello Erick - please help  - same issue here 

0 Kudos

carmd0367
Local Performer

I cannot find a NEW USER option ANYWHERE on the app.  Where is it?!?!?

0 Kudos

dromanow
Local Performer

I am trying to add Pandora to my sonos I have an account but it asking me for an activation code

0 Kudos

pgerstenberger
Local Performer

Same issue. Deleted Pandora account from Sonos and tried to re-establish, but no code is provided. Is this a Sonos issue? Do I have to switch to Spotify?

0 Kudos

II
Local Performer

I am unable to connect my Pandora account to Sonos.  It is requesting a 3-step process.  The first process is an activation code, which I am unable to access from Pandora.  Through the app store I updated my Pandora account to no avail.  Please help!

0 Kudos

sullidoc
Local Performer

Thanks 

0 Kudos

badeaux
Local Performer

same issue here with SONOS. No authorization code to be found

0 Kudos

Jpp
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  Up to today Sonos and Pandora operated fine from my iPad.  Now Sonos is requiring a device activation code which is not found on either Sonos or Pandora.  Deleting and reinstalling Pandora does not work. 

0 Kudos

Bgreig
Local Performer
What do we do?
0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

sullidoc
Local Performer

Same problem here. Very frustrating 

jodietz
Local Performer

dies not work

0 Kudos

petekamps
Local Performer

I am having the same problem here in Chicago.. it's a drag when we have to shelter in place, right?

0 Kudos

MusicFan0083
Local Performer

Same thing just happened to me with Sonos. It was working this morning. I can't find it anywhere.

0 Kudos

diamond7900
Local Performer

In the same boat. Sonos now wants an act code. I cannot get it anywhere. Just started today. 

0 Kudos

Alansarb
Local Performer

I am having this problem in Philadelphia. My Sonos went out and it is looking for an activation code. I can’t find one either. 

0 Kudos

BK1989
Local Performer
I am having the same problem as well
0 Kudos

Odedz5
Local Performer

--fixed--just reload Pandora--no activation code requested --I think there was an an outage

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Odedz5 Thanks for taking the time to report that this has been resolved for you. I just got word from our engineers that this should all be fixed now. You're correct, we were experiencing an outage. I appreciate your confirmation!

Thanks for helping to report this so we could resolve it as quickly as possible. 😀