Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 1/6/23 - All Devices: Buffering or Playback stops

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

PANDORA UPDATE: 1/6/23

Hi all! Happy Friday.

We believe that this issue with playback stopping and/or buffering on multiple devices has been resolved as of Thursday evening on 1/5/23

Please try listening to Pandora again and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Thanks for being part of community!

Note: If you're experiencing an issue with playback stopping or buffering on a single device such as, mobile or web, please either create a new post or find an existing post under the support board that best fits the device you're having trouble with - thanks you!

PANDORA UPDATE: 1/5/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience.

If you're having trouble with buffering or playback stopping on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, receiver, TV, etc), feel free to post your experience in this thread. Please be sure to include which devices you're having trouble with. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

In the meantime, please try the steps below to see if they will help.

If you're having trouble with an in-home device such as a receiver or TV, try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable (if this option is available) to see if that helps.

I would also recommend rebooting your connection:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team. Thanks for your patience!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora

Hi all! Happy Friday.

We believe that this issue with playback stopping and/or buffering on multiple devices has been resolved as of Thursday evening on 1/5/23

Please try listening to Pandora again and let us know if you continue to have any trouble. Since we believe this issue to be resolved I've closed this thread off to future replies.

If you run into this issue again in the future with multiple devices, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Note: If you're experiencing an issue with playback stopping or buffering on a single device such as, mobile or web, please either create a new post or find an existing post under the support board that best fits the device you're having trouble with - thanks you!

If you're having trouble with buffering or playback stopping on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, receiver, TV, etc), feel free to post your experience in this thread. Please be sure to include which devices you're having trouble with. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

If you're having trouble with an in-home device such as a receiver or TV, try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable (if this option is available) to see if that helps.

2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;

Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team. Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rheinlein
Local Performer

I have been having difficulty with Pandora buffering across multiple devices for the last two weeks; iphone, Roku, ipad, and desktop. I have done all of the suggestions I have found on many of the chatboards, the community article, and google. We removed and sign out of Pandora, reset password, restarted router, reset router, reset Roku, removed app from Roku, checked our speed, and simply considered cancelling our subscription and going with another platform. 

Nothing, I mean nothing is working. 

Weird thing, Pandora works fine on my iphone and ipad when I am not at home. My hubs is a fiber optics technician for our internet provider, so he also did testing and found nothing wrong with out internet. Neither of us are strangers to technology and can navigate most things without any issues. 

I am fed up with the silence, especially when I pay for premium. Anyone have any possible solutions we have not yet tried?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

n00b0die
Local Performer

No solutions, just wanted to say this is happening to me too ugh. 

0 Kudos

CWW
Local Performer

Exactly the same happening to me. Tried all the suggestions to no avail. Happens through chromecast or an older squeezebox. Spotify works fine. Been failing for 10 days to two weeks.

0 Kudos

Rheinlein
Local Performer
It **ahem** that there isn’t a support tech to talk to. I couldn’t even find an email to contact Pandora about the issue. Glad it’s not just me but it’s still super crappy.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi all! Happy Friday.

Please try listening to Pandora again and let us know if you continue to have any trouble. Since we believe this issue to be resolved I've closed this thread off to future replies.

If you run into this issue again in the future with multiple devices, please create a new post and reference this thread.

0 Kudos